missed by 8 points help!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
khanj010

missed by 8 points help!

Post by khanj010 »

is there any one in my positions who is going to appeal. i am thinking about it but is there any use as ive been told its to many marks behind.has any on appealed having 113 or less and suceded.
Sally-Anne

Re: missed by 8 points help!

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi khanj010

I hope you have seen Etienne's reply on your thread in the appeals section?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=23190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We do generally try to keep all discussion of appeals in that area because otherwise people may start to try to give advice here and discussions become fragmented.
khanj010 wrote:has any on appealed having 113 or less and suceded
There are appeals that are successful on low scores, but every single appeal case is individual, all the more so on lower scores. If anyone else has appealed successfully on 113, their case will certainly not mirror your own.

There is no magic wand for appeals - just research the process through the links Etienne as provided and ask for support on specific issues on your appeals thread.

Sally-Anne
sunflower

Post by sunflower »

Sally-Anne wrote:Hi khanj010

I hope you have seen Etienne's reply on your thread in the appeals section?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=23190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We do generally try to keep all discussion of appeals in that area because otherwise people may start to try to give advice here and discussions become fragmented.
khanj010 wrote:has any on appealed having 113 or less and suceded
There are appeals that are successful on low scores, but every single appeal case is individual, all the more so on lower scores. If anyone else has appealed successfully on 113, their case will certainly not mirror your own.

There is no magic wand for appeals - just research the process through the links Etienne as provided and ask for support on specific issues on your appeals thread.

Sally-Anne
Unfortunately my DS did not qualify for a Buks GS. He is a brilliant child currently on a level 5 in both Maths and English but I feel that he has been penalised because of his age ( he is 11 years and 2 months) which I think is very unfair. I am still thinking whether if I should appeal or not as we are also OOC. I am also wondering whether he would qualify for a Berks GS.
Sunflower
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Sunflower and welcome

I have copied your post to a new thread in the appeals section - tends to help to keep all the info for one person in the same place

you can find it here : http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=23240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now