Over at last!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

colchesterdad39

Over at last!

Post by colchesterdad39 »

After all the stress of the 19th ( my DS was ill! ) he has finally sat his 11plus today. So so proud of him, now just the long wait!
Fran17

Re: Over at last!

Post by Fran17 »

Yay! So glad your DS was well enough to take the test and glad it's all over. I hope he did well. :D
ahap

Post by ahap »

Well done to you and and your DS. Yes, now the long wait.... :twisted: Is there another test in January as well? I read in one of your post. Is the test by CSSE for the same schools?
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
colchesterdad39

Ahap, yes the CSSE told me there was another date in January, but I think that is only for children who were too ill today. They would also need a doctors certificate to take that one. My DS told me that 3 children did not attend his exam today all though one poor boy was there but was too upset to sit the actual test.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Oh dear! poor boy. My DS was quite nervous in the morning of the 19th as well. When we reached the parking, he said he needed to go to the toilet immediately. :shock: I did not know what to do. DH suggested going home because we could not find any public toilets, and because we were there at 7.25 a.m. and the parking meter starts to work only at 8 a.m and KEGS is only 10 min drive from where we live, we rushed back home. He did take his time...I was standing in front of the toilet, DH was in the car waiting and as soon as he came out we ran down the stairs.... and ...... any way we reached KEGS in time and joined the queue, I thought we'd be late for the registration because it closes at 8.25. am. When he saw the long queue of parents and boys, he quickly cheered up. I had to give my watch because he left his at home. He was quite reluctant to wear my girly watch, but he knew he needed it. What a morning it was. Oh its all over now. :D
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
colchesterdad39

Ahap - I had to give my watch to my DS today aswell! He was strangely calm and looking forward to it. Although I think it was more a case of no more practice papers!! I have to admit I was very nervous when picking him up, and made a point of not asking him anything about the exam, however once in the car he could not wait to tell me everything!
suhana

Post by suhana »

Yes it's over! what now?
My ds sat the exam today as well. He found maths and english hard and guessed the last few questions in english paper.VR was easy as he stated. He did mention that one boy cried in VR paper.

Oh well, what will be, will be!
I need to feel it's over but hasn't sunk in yet.
Hopefully a glass of wine would do the trick.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Well done to everyone who sat the exam!

I'm guessing it's ok to discuss details now. Does anyone have a clue about the English text in either paper? Did it follow last year's format or was it a return to the synonym section?

My DD is now in the next batch of candidates. DS is in year 8 and I can't believe it's come around so quickly!
ahap

Post by ahap »

I could'nt wait to discuss the paper till the 30th but it seems we have to wait till Jan because there may be DCs taking in Jan. Does anyone know whether it is allowed now? I think we have to ask moved.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Hi Colchesterdad39, I was thinking of you and your son today. You must be relieved that it is all over. I just wonder, did your son sit the exam at CRGS? I ask because of your name and am putting two and two together! I may be wrong of course. :)

I was really pleased that the school was open today (not to all year groups though) and that they made every effort to keep things as normal as possible. It was especially important for children taking the 11+ today because it would have been awful for you to have to postpone.

You can relax now and put this all to the back of your mind. Well, for a while anyway!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now