12+ in Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Diane

12+ in Bucks

Post by Diane »

Has anyone heard when the 12+ exams in Bucks are due to take place?
My Daughter is definately taking it but we have not heard anything further from Admissions since getting the confirmation letter.

Any news would be great!

Many Thanks

Diane
Guest 2

12+ in Bucks

Post by Guest 2 »

Can't help you about this year, but last year it was after the easter holidays. My son sat it on Saturday 24th April in Aylesbury

12+

Post by Guest »

Does anybody know if the 12+ questions are different from the 11+ questions or is it just the fact that they get 5 mins less to complete it. Also do they get the practice paper given to them on the day of the test or is it sent to them prior to this date. Then how long after the testing does it take to get the results. As usual the information given by the admissions team is very vague.

12+ in Bucks

Post by Guest »

Last year it took nearly 3 weeks for us to get the results of the 12+. We weren't sent any tests before the exam and we were told that we couldn't buy any practice papers for the 12+. My son said it was very similar to the 12+

12+ in Bucks

Post by Guest »

the previous reply should have said that the test was very similar to the 11+!

Post by Guest »

was your son successful? do you know what sort of percentage is needed to pass?

12+ in Bucks

Post by Guest »

Yes, our son got a place. The pass mark was 121 -same as 11+. If you look on the bucks website below it gives you the percenatge of children that were successful at late entry 2004:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/docum ... cedure.pdf

Post by Guest »

Thanks for all the info. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my daughter will be one of the lucky ones to pass the 12+ and get a place at a grammar school!
Diane

Post by Diane »

We now have the date of our daughter's 12+ exam which I thought would make us feel better.....it didn't as I now have that same feeling of helpless panic I had when She took her 11+!

The exam is on the 23 April at the Grange.

I do not want to cause our lovely daughter too much stress but it's hard when your every waking thought is the exam and whether we are doing enough practise. Do any parents have any tried and tested coping techniques?

Thanks
Diane
kate

Post by kate »

Hi , Can anyone help with the 12 + my daughter will be going to an upper school in september, what is the sequence of events to get her entered for the 12+. When do we need to speak to the upper school Headteacher.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now