Medway School Admissions Consultation for 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Allbutdone

Medway School Admissions Consultation for 2013

Post by Allbutdone »

Medway as promised after this September's debacle have set up a consultation for moving the Medway Test back into the Schools for 2013 admission.

If you are a parent and would like to comment on the consultation take a look at: http://www.medway.gov.uk/educationandle ... ation.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mitasol

Re: Medway Consultation for 2013 Test

Post by mitasol »

I've turned this into a temporary sticky. The consultation period closes on 13 January 2012.
Lorraine40

Re: Medway Consultation for 2013 Test

Post by Lorraine40 »

Please everyone who has a child taking the 11+ next year 2012 or after that, please go to the Medway Council website and fill out a response form, it has to be sent back in the post by 13th January, please do it soon, this will make a difference to all our children now and the future, it means the children will sit the 11+ in their own school over two days, which will make it less stressful for them!
jdwarwick

Admissions Consultation

Post by jdwarwick »

There has been much talk in recent years about not being able to get into FP, looks like they've listened and are now consulting on a new type of admissions. If it is going to have an impact on you take a look, not until 2013 though. http://www.medway.gov.uk/pdf/Fort%20Pit ... 202013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope all is well with old friends from the forum - Happy Christmas to all.
jd x
rubyhettybetty

Re: Medway School Admissions Consultation for 2013

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Yes - a radical change for FP admissions - wonder if people in the towns will realise what it means to them - will Hempstead etc be disadvantaged?
Allbutdone

Re: Medway School Admissions Consultation for 2013

Post by Allbutdone »

I read in the local paper that 91% of respondants to the consultation have agreed that the Medway Test should be moved back to the child's Junior/Primary school. A final vote will take place at the Council on 14th February and if passed (as expected) quite a few Medway children will have the option to sit this September's Test (18th & 19th I think) at their own school, if the school is willing. Expectation being, all Medway children in 2013 will sit at their own school, with I guess LEA test centres available for out of Medway children. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now