RE: Standardised Scores on Redbridge Grammar Schools' Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shagor21

RE: Standardised Scores on Redbridge Grammar Schools' Test

Post by shagor21 »

Dear All,
Please shed some light on this topic, ''standardised scores on Redbridge Grammar Schools' Test''.
How does it defined ?

*Test results / scores will be standardised according to your child's age on the test date ( recent one, 19 Dec 2011) and all candidates have age-weighted points added to their test results where appropriate.

How many extra numbers will be added if a child was born in May 2001?

Could any one clarify this topic ?
Was this topic discussed in past?

Thanks very much.
moved

Re: RE: Standardised Scores on Redbridge Grammar Schools' Te

Post by moved »

Have a look at the top of the Essex thread. I cannot make my iPad copy the link, sorry.
shagor21

Post by shagor21 »

I have noted your comment in Essex section - ''There is no age standardisation in Essex. Interestingly, lots of DD's friends are summer born, whereas most of DS' friends seem to be born before March. Boys vs girls perhaps''

But that is not the case in Essex Redbridge ( I think) ?
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

All is explained in this article, which Moved directed you to.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... planation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Essex is not age standardised but Redbridge is.
moved

Post by moved »

Essex is not currently age standardised, however, this could change soon.
shagor21

Post by shagor21 »

Hopefuldad wrote:All is explained in this article, which Moved directed you to.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... planation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Essex is not age standardised but Redbridge is.
Thanks, Hopefuldad. I did notice that link and info before I posted my query. The explanation does give an idea on standardised score but not that much in details based on current time . Assuming this is not recently updated and that's the reason a little bit extra information / discussion is needed from all of us in this forum.
An Example of question: How many extra numbers will be added if a child was born in May 2001 and sat for test on 19 Dec 2011? Others might ask another type of question ? Or others might have thought there is no standardised scores on Redbridge Grammar Schools' Test ?

Thanks for your contribution in this forum.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

extra numbers are not added, a score is given ( usually up to 141) based on 100 being the norm or "Average" .

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... xplanation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

exact pass marks will not be known until all the data is gathered.
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

As Moved has mentioned, the standardised score is dependent on how that cohort has performed. So the scores will not be known until the test are taken.

i.e. if the paper in a particular year is very hard then the raw scores will be low all round, but the standardised scores will take this into account.

The age standardisation is very small and matters more in borderline cases. If your child is operating at the top end then it will matter less.

Hope that makes some sense