Need Advise as moving from Berkshire To Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sonia

Need Advise as moving from Berkshire To Bucks

Post by Sonia »

Hi All Moderators/Seniors,

At last we have decided to move from Slough( Berkshire) to High Wycombe ( Bucks) in the first week of the February 2012.

Previously my daughter was studying in the William Penn Wood School but due to the distance we appealed and got admission in the Godolphin School and now after about two months we have to move to Wycombe.

We were preparing her for the Herschel Grammar School using the Stephen Curran Books.

As said earlier that we will be moving to Wycombe , what plan of action we should adapt for her studies . I need the recomendations about the following.
1) We will be moving in the HP13 area so want to know which school is best?
2) Should we continue with the Stephen Curran?
3) We are so much worried that as there is one Grammar School in Wycombe for Girls as comapred to three in the Slough?
4) When we have apply for the 11+ in in the Bucks? When the 11+ paper takes place in Wycombe.
5) Can she also apply for the Grammar schools in Slough?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sonia
Guest55

Re: Need Advise as moving from Berkshire To Bucks

Post by Guest55 »

Hi Sonia - welcome to Bucks.

What year is your daughter in?

If she is in Year 5 then the Bucks 11+ will be in October 2012 for y7 entry in 2013.

You can apply to any Bucks GS that you live near to - see the historic data in a sticky to show you which schools might be near enough.

There is a postcode checker on the Bucks website so you can check which schools you are in catchment for. The best schools may be full ...

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... ssion.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Good luck
Last edited by Guest55 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes my daughter is in Year 5 currently in Godolphin Junior School in Slough.

The school in the catchmnet area of the place we plan to move is
Highworth County Combined School, Highworth Close, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP13 7PH

We need to contact the council or directly the school for the admission.

Also can some one help me these queries also

2) Should we continue with the Stephen Curran?
3) We are so much worried that as there is one Grammar School in Wycombe for Girls as comapred to three in the Slough?
4) When we have apply for the 11+ in in the Bucks? When the 11+ paper takes place in Wycombe.
5) Can she also apply for the Grammar schools in Slough?

Regards

Sonia
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You need to contact Admissions to get a place at Highworth. See the website link on my previous reply,

Look for the sticky about suitable prep for Bucks 11+ as it is just Verbal Reasoning 21 types. The tests are sat at the Primary school in October with all the other children who are taking the tests.

You can apply to any Bucks GS that you are near enough to - not just Wycombe High - there is one test for all the Bucks GS.

You can apply to Slough but Bucks GS tend to be more highly regarded and you will need to check admission requirements.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Sonia

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Take a look at the following link with regard to The Bucks test and relevant publishers

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=4782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good Luck!

patricia
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Thanks for the replies Guest55 and patricia.

She is currently going to AE Tution , and I want to know that whether we should continue her with the AE Tution or slough or start DIY or can u recomend us some good one just like AE Tution.

Regards

Sonia
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I don't know anything about AE and what they cover.

We can't recommend tutors but someone local might PM you if they know anyone near High Wycombe.

There's plenty of help on here to DIY.
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi Sonia,
Welcome to the forum, my ds also went to the same tuirtion centre as your dc, and even though they do cover relevant material for Bucks and slough gs's, they are very intense, the material Patricia recommends for Bucks is suitable for Slough aswell, for the NVR GL assessment, AE NVR books are good, IPS, Eleven plus Exams, are all relevant, the berkshire section will give more info.

This tuition centre we found was very intensive and cover far more than is needed for Slough, as they prepare for many other GS's aswell eg Barnet, tiffins, Reading etc. If you continue there you should be ok, we travelled from sotuhall/greenford area every week, we started late, the course commenced in Feb. and we started end of May. I did alot with my ds at home aswell. We needed help on the NVR hence going there.

The few tuition places I know in Wycombe do VR I'm not sure if they do NVR, pm me if you want more details on those.