Required pass marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
brentfordmum

Required pass marks

Post by brentfordmum »

Since the results are expected soon can anyone please advise what would be the required mark to be hopeful of a place at one of the schools.
Thanks & all the best to all
SingleDad

Re: Required pass marks

Post by SingleDad »

brentfordmum wrote:Since the results are expected soon can anyone please advise what would be the required mark to be hopeful of a place at one of the schools.
Thanks & all the best to all
111 is the pass mark - but then each school has its own policy. So, for example, Herchel look at around 50 people who are the closest, whilst the other places are filled by the best ranked pupils according to their 11+ scores.

This means that passing the 11+ will not necessarily get a child into a school.
English Emilia

Re: Required pass marks

Post by English Emilia »

From what I was told at Herschel, they award the first 70 places on rank order, regardless of distance from the school. After those places have been allocated, the remaining 50 are given to the closest 50 pupils to the school who have achieved the pass mark (111) or higher. So someone living 100m from the school with a score of - say - 128 - would be given a place in the rank order group, not the catchment group. I don't really know what marks were required last year. My DD has just got her results. She got 116 and I don't think we're quite close enough to be in the "50 closest" group. Don't know if we're likely to be offered a place or not? I suspect not in the first round of offers, but possibly later.