Business Studies

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SN

Business Studies

Post by SN »

Can anyone tell me if business studies is a good option for GCSE. Just wondered if it would be recognized as the traditional subjects.
Y

Re: Business Studies

Post by Y »

I can't offer any opinion on Business Studies, but it needs to be considered in the context of the other subjects the student is taking. Once they have a good core of traditional subjects, then you need to be thinking: what are they good at, what do the enjoy, what do they need for the future. You might get some useful responses if you post what other subjects have been chosen, and what the student's plans are.
SN

Post by SN »

Thank you Y for your reply. The subjects are not chosen yet but will be doing so within the next 2 months. The subjects will be Maths, English , science, RE and Citizenship which is a requirement by the school. The other subjects my DS is thinking about is Geography, French, ICT, and probably Classics might be the next option. He intends to pursue in Maths and Economics in the future and is keen on business too. Any thoughts would be much appreciated
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You have a few which some Unis might regards as 'soft' - Citizenship, ICT so adding BS might not be a good idea.

Triple Science, if offered, would be useful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now