Transport to Burnham GS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hasmum

Transport to Burnham GS

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Does anyone know of private bus/coach to Burnham GS. Or anyone have dc travelling on public transport to BGS from greenford/southall area.
Will appreciate any info.

Thanks
slough mum

Re: Transport to Burnham GS

Post by slough mum »

Any buses from Langley to Burnham GS?
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Hasmum, the train goes direct from Southall to Burnham. We live in the area and DS passed his Bucks exam and if he gets into Burnham, we will be relying on car-share initially, and then train.
anxiousp

Post by anxiousp »

hi...we live in southall area and if DS get a space there then r planning to send through private taxi.....it is run by some parents....let me knw if u want the details..
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Thanks will pm you if we get burnham gs, its good to know there's others going from local area.
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Anxiousp, that's useful to know, thanks.

However how likely is that us Southall people will get a place at BGS?! :? I know of a girl on our road who goes there, but she went through the whole waiting list thing, but then again I know another girl who got straight in (a few years ago).

We can do nothing but wait.....
anxiousp

Post by anxiousp »

True Supple...it is unlikely for our kids to get Burnham.....last year they went upto 13.1miles and we r 13.8 miles......so are keeping our fingers crossed...lets c which way the wind blows.....the other choices r slough schools...even with tht....fingers r crossed....but looking at our local schools....well most of them r just not worth it...i rather move then send my kids there.

hasmum....sure let me knw...waiting for the dreaded 1st March...but it b good to knw other parents from this area...
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

The figures are shown for the allocation rounds - so this means they don't contain the appeals that were successful. This is the only glimmer of "hope" I have - appeals!

We are already going through an appeal as DS didn't pass the Slough exams. So, a Bucks appeal (if needed) will just be another one to go through!
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
we are southall/greenford border and I worked us out at 15.3 :lol: so you guys seem better off than us. I applied for Burnham which was 1st on the CAF and the RGS in Wycombe which is 20 miles but they offered to everyone this March, but obviously we will move if we get that. My ds qualified for slough and I have Herschel and slough gs down, so we will wait and see. We are also waiting for Tiffins results.

The other thing that is bothering me is younger 2 siblings would also need places in yr2 and 3 if we move. I have rung/applied some of the schools in bucks and have asked to be put on their waiting lists but they are full at present :(

So all in all feel lost at present, awaiting March to see what we are allocated. :roll:
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Sorry, what school is RGS?

And yes, I feel your pain. We can't sort anything out until 1st March/appeal dates/appeal results/waiting lists etc etc. Our plan was always to move when ds would be at this age, but it didn't quite work out due to family matters. This means that although he has qualified for BGS, he could miss out on a place simply because we don't live in the right area! :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now