Is it true or a myth that Pates is no good at pastoral care?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bemily

Is it true or a myth that Pates is no good at pastoral care?

Post by Bemily »

It's what people keep telling me, but is it true?
Chelt123

Re: Is it true or a myth that Pates is no good at pastoral c

Post by Chelt123 »

A myth - as they are fantastic at pastoral care.
Milla

Post by Milla »

I guess those telling you are those not at the school. It's brilliant. Inspiring, motivating, caring staff. Quick to jump on anything untoward and keep you fully in the picture. This is a myth you can dispel straightaway.
platypus

Post by platypus »

r
Last edited by platypus on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Bemily,
I can only tell you what I have experienced, having one son go through the school and a daughter in year 10. My children have felt well supported and cared for. My son especially feels that the school handles problems with sensitivity. Neither of my children have had to seek help from the school, luckily, but I've never heard any negatives from other parents, so I can only assume that they would deal with issues competently.

One thing I will say is that I have never heard of any bullying issues there, I know people say that all schools have bullying problems, maybe so, but my children have never seen evidence of it.
Orson

Post by Orson »

Pates is fantastic; you won't hear anyone say any different.
Last edited by Orson on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Orson wrote:Pates is fantastic; you won't hear anyone say any different. Question marks over pastoral care? Try SHS.
I genuinely don't think anyone who was less than very satisfied with pastoral care at a named school would post it on here. I hope they wouldn't anyway! I'm not sure you would never hear anyone speak against a school Orson,even Pates, ..but I doubt this would be the place to do it.

And very slightly off topic: I would just say for any prospective STRS parents on here with similar concerns, we had cause to put the pastoral care to the test recently. It takes an awful lot to impress me in this regard, but I was stunned by what came into play, silently and professionally, when we needed it to. Huge, ongoing, discreet and compassionate support, which to be honest I had not really expected. Fantastic.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now