How can I help my interview at KES?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bad1min2ton

How can I help my interview at KES?

Post by bad1min2ton »

Well, i have an interview coming up on 30th Jan however, I need some tips to help my case. Can anybody give me some general advice about what to say to the Chief Master at KES? Also I have made it into the music scholarship. Should I play solid grade 5 pieces or should I take the risk and do an inconsistent grade 6 piece? 8)
FluffyD

Re: How can I help my interview at KES?

Post by FluffyD »

I would play the lower level one, but well. I think it better to do some thing simple but well, rather than making a hash of a more complicated piece. It will show more of a range as you can "get in" everything that should be played rather than missing anything out. You can always tell them that you are well on your way to working toward the next level if you get the chance.

Who is the chief master? The head? Will that be who interviews you?

Good luck with whatever you choose, I hope you do well in your interview.
Vic x
bad1min2ton

Post by bad1min2ton »

Yes that is right fluffy the chief master is the head teacher but names differently. Thank you for the advice, by the way
Camphillian

Post by Camphillian »

If you haven't had your interview and audition yet, badminton, you might do better asking in the Birmingham forum below. I've got no experience of scholarship interview or music audition I'm afraid, so I can't help much. I do know that KES has a very high standard in music though, so you have done well to get this far.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now