Colet Court Interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Inga

Colet Court Interview

Post by Inga »

Does anybody has an idea what to expect for CC interviews including parents interviews?

Thanks
vivienphung

Re: Colet Court Interview

Post by vivienphung »

Hi Inga

Has your DS received invitation for an interview? Is he applying for 11+ entry?

As far as I know, the second round of the 11+ exam will not be until 4th Feb, they then call for interview.
Inga

Post by Inga »

Hi Vivien,
I know exam is on 4Feb,we received info letter today about exam,which mentioned information about interview.
questions

Post by questions »

Hi Inga, we had the letter also and have been wondering about what they ask and what to expect at the interviews so am marking my place!

To start things off, things I have heard which are often asked at independent school interviews are -
why do you want to come to this school?
is it your 1st choice?
favourite subject / worst subject
maths puzzles
about hobbies and interests

This is for the kids btw rather than the parents, and I don't know specifically about Colet Court, how their interviews tend to go.

I've also heard that it is worth keeping up with current affairs if you have an interview coming up, although I don't know how this sort of thing would come up in the interview.

I'm really curious how the small group interviews work, whether the boys will be asked to bring anything with them...
questions

Post by questions »

Did anyone reading apply to both Latymer Upper and Colet Court? I was surprised to see that Latymer are holding all their interviews on the same day as the Colet Court exams. I assume this isn't a mistake as they are the nearest independent school, so are bound to know about the clash... and the open mornings last year were also on the same day.
Inga

Post by Inga »

Hi Questions,
We have applied to both and no doubt want to have opportunity at both.Hope we get a nice letter from LU next week and than we shall worry how to squeeze both on the same day.
Threetimes

Post by Threetimes »

Both my sons sat Colet and Latymer. I think Latymer know the boys are sitting Colet and offered afternoon interviews. It did make a full on day!!

I am also waiting for Latymer letter for dd.

Good luck.
Inga

Post by Inga »

Hi Threetimes,
Just wondering did your DS get places at either of the schools?
Would you know how many DC will they invite back for interviews.

Good luck tou your DD , letters should be sent out on monday.
ElizaBennett

Post by ElizaBennett »

At 11+ boys have 2 interviews, an academic interview with a couple of senior teachers, and a chat with the head. The academic interview involves some maths questions, reading a poem or passage and answering some questions on it, and I think a general chat as well. The chat with the head is very unthreatening - what you enjoy doing at school, etc, and he seems to follow the boys' lead. After the head has seen the boy he'll then chat to the parents, but it really just covers what he talked about with your son and a few general questions about why you're looking at the school.
Inga

Post by Inga »

Thanks Eliza for your fast reply.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now