Queenswood

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sillymum

Queenswood

Post by sillymum »

My horrible husband has just shown me a letter that arrived yesterday from Queenswood. They have offered my DD a place :D :D I'm so happy!

Has anyone else heard? My DD has her music scholarship audition there tomorrow. Don't know what to expect, but hopefully this news will give her a real boost of confidence. Beginning to think all the hard work we've all put in is now paying off;)
mangomum

Re: Queenswood

Post by mangomum »

Congratulations Asperni to you and your DS!

How comes the music audiiton is after their offer?
MangoMum
sillymum

Post by sillymum »

mangomum wrote:Congratulations Asperni to you and your DS!

How comes the music audiiton is after their offer?
Thankyou "Mangomum"! The offer is based on the entrance exam (and interview) which she took two weeks ago. We've applied for a music scholarship seperately. My DD was due to have her audition last Wednesday but she had a terrible cold, which affected her voice...she sings. So I told QW that she was unable to attend. They very nicely gave her an alternative date of tomorrow. Did you apply for QW?
mangomum

Post by mangomum »

Hi no my DD is still a few years away but it's definitely one we will be considering. This 11+ journey is for my DS. He has his final exam at Westminster tomorrow and then it's all over! Don't think we've done enough for an interview there but we can dream until the end of the week;-)

Lots of luck for the audition. Does she play any instruments in addition to singing?
MangoMum
sillymum

Post by sillymum »

Hi, yes my dd also plays the cello (grade 3) but grade 5 in singing. Good luck for your son for Westminster. Like you, I'm glad it's all over now....just a waiting game to put up with. But do look at Queenswood, it's amazing.... like a huge campus.
mangomum

Post by mangomum »

How did the audition go? Well I hope. Btw I'm sure you probably know already but Manuka honey is excellent for sore throats.
MangoMum