Hampton 10+ exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

helicoptermum14

Hampton 10+ exam

Post by helicoptermum14 »

My DS gave the hampton boys 10+ exam this year.Anxiously waiting for the result.Even though he came out and said it was all unexpected but he completed all the papers.
However since that day my DS has been reluctant to do even his school homework!This has never happened before....and is freaking me out.
Anyone else had this experience ?anyone who may have some feedback from the 10 + hampton boys exam?
Just thoought I will ask.....any thoughts welcome! :shock:
menagerie

Re: Hampton 10+ exam

Post by menagerie »

Can't help but DS sitting for Hampton next year. When do you find out? Same time as 11+ results come through or earlier?

Good luck.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

Is this the only 10+ exam he is sitting?

If it's the last one, taking a short break filled with lots of fun activites to take his mind of the exam may help.
;D
mangomum

Post by mangomum »

helicoptermum14 wrote:My DS gave the hampton boys 10+ exam this year.Anxiously waiting for the result.Even though he came out and said it was all unexpected but he completed all the papers.
However since that day my DS has been reluctant to do even his school homework!This has never happened before....and is freaking me out.
Anyone else had this experience ?anyone who may have some feedback from the 10 + hampton boys exam?
Just thoought I will ask.....any thoughts welcome! :shock:
If its any consolation my DS has been the same throughout this 11+ journey. Last night he had some English homework to do and asked me help. I refused and told him he needs to do it himself and if it's too hard or he can't be bothered he can go and tell his teacher that and he soon finished it! I was tough on him because I think he relys on me to help him because it's an easy way out. He needs to learn to persevere! I didn't check his attempt as I plan to do this when it's returned after being marked? Was I too harsh?
MangoMum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now