nationalities

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yoyo123

nationalities

Post by yoyo123 »

I've been reading through posts and was struck by the vast number of nationalities we have on the forum a sort of united nations in miniature!

So, if you are wanting to while away a few idle moments.....how many different backgrounds/cultures do we have in our merry little gang?

I am a boring mix of Welsh/Irish/English..(and married to a half English Ulsterman brought up partly in Uganda)
hermanmunster

Re: nationalities

Post by hermanmunster »

English mostly with a bit of welsh and an even smaller bit of huguenot french.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

A mix of English/Scot/South African here - OH is from Rochdale :lol:
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

Hi All

I'm an Ozzie married to an Englishman - obviously a few sporting disagreements in this household.

Boo
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I'm a Lancashire lass and husband is from SE London. Not very exciting I'm afraid, though we have lived/worked in Paris and Qatar in the last 10 years. Does that earn me international brownie points? :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

bondgirl wrote:I'm a Lancashire lass and husband is from SE London. Not very exciting I'm afraid, though we have lived/worked in Paris and Qatar in the last 10 years. Does that earn me international brownie points? :lol:
most definitely!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I've often thought that too Yoyo, and it's funny that you then " see " people in a completely different light once you know their backgrounds.

I'm a quarter Italian, the rest English...DH is a quarter Jewish....a quarter Scottish and the rest English...must explain his personality disorder :shock:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

bondgirl wrote:I'm a Lancashire lass and husband is from SE London. Not very exciting I'm afraid, though we have lived/worked in Paris and Qatar in the last 10 years. Does that earn me international brownie points? :lol:

Certainly - you definitely get Brownie points for the Lancashire bit. I have to produce my passport when I leave Yorkshire each morning.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

hermanmunster wrote:Certainly - you definitely get Brownie points for the Lancashire bit. I have to produce my passport when I leave Yorkshire each morning.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, there's not much love lost between the red and the white rose counties is there?! Although spending the first 18 years of my life in Lancashire, i did take my life in my hands by emigrating to Yorkshire for a while (3 years in York and 4 in Leeds). My mum, who has never left Lancashire her whole life, turned her nose up once when I made a cup of tea with Yorkshire tea bags!! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now