Snow

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Waiting_For_Godot

Snow

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

Just wondering if anyone knows what the snow is like in the Reading area tonight. My son was supposed to go to his first "social" with a girls school in Ascot tonight and they would be travelling along the M4 from Swindon. I'm wondering if he got there, or better still - got stuck at the girls school! :wink:

No mobiles allowed so I'm left guessing...
scary mum

Re: Snow

Post by scary mum »

My DD is in Slough tonight & plenty there although I wouldn't say enough to seriously mess up transport. Hope your DS is OK. I'm anxiously waiting to hear that my DD gets back to her friend's OK. Tonight of all nights she is supposed to be getting a cab for the first time :(
scary mum
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

scary mum wrote:My DD is in Slough tonight & plenty there although I wouldn't say enough to seriously mess up transport. Hope your DS is OK. I'm anxiously waiting to hear that my DD gets back to her friend's OK. Tonight of all nights she is supposed to be getting a cab for the first time :(
I hope she is ok too.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

We are just south of Ascot and there's snow a plenty - don;t know if it's hit the main roads, hopefully not.i have a lot to do tomorrow.

Hope everyone's children get home or where they need to be ok, I'm sure all will be fine :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

DD has just texted to say "it's fine, the cab is coming at 1am" :shock: Please can we go back to jigsaws, play doh and The Wheels on the Bus?
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

WFG I was wondering what the snow situation was like where I work so I looked at the live traffic cameras which are on the local council website.. Take a look at the appropriate one for you...maybe you'll spot your son's coach !

Unscary At least you know she will be on her way ...the roads are probably not too icy at the moment .
Looking for help

scary mum wrote:DD has just texted to say "it's fine, the cab is coming at 1am" :shock: Please can we go back to jigsaws, play doh and The Wheels on the Bus?
O h :lol: scary those days are so gone for ever :( I wish they weren't . :(
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Looking for help wrote:
scary mum wrote:DD has just texted to say "it's fine, the cab is coming at 1am" :shock: Please can we go back to jigsaws, play doh and The Wheels on the Bus?
O h :lol: scary those days are so gone for ever :( I wish they weren't . :(
Luckily mine are all home now and tucked up safely in bed. I look fondly back at those days too scary mum!

Hope everyone arrives home safely, I am sure the main roads will have been gritted.
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Just drove from frimley to Solihull; awesome drive in the snow on the M40; got winter tyres, god send!! Safe journey to all
Looking for help

Eh poiyut you could have come in for a cup of tea....what were you doing in Frimley ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now