Not heard from KES feeling gutted & Sad :(

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tans

Not heard from KES feeling gutted & Sad :(

Post by tans »

Hi all

This is my first post so please forgive me for mistakes.

We (me and son) been waiting for the call from KES but not heard anything so i called Mrs Philips today and she told me my son will not be called for interview. My heart sank!!!

I told my son as he has been asking me everyday if we have had call from KES. We both feel bad but i have told him not to think about it. Today he said if i not been called for KES means i am not going to get into CampHill. I told him thats not going to be the case.

He did find KES exam easier then grammer school. Has anyone in previous years been in same boat as me??? i have lost sleep over this now. I hope he gets into Camp Hill but now i do not want to dream too high. Please someone there who can advise me.

Many Thanks :(
hermanmunster

Re: Not heard from KES feeling gutted & Sad :(

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi tans

I think that KES only interview scholarship, assisted place and borderline candidates so it is possible to get a place without falling into any of these categories.
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

The letter explains the procedure; test results via post should be coming through this week
ok1

Post by ok1 »

Your son may have done well enough for a place, albeit a full fee place, in that case KES may not necessarily call.

Also I have heard that some children excel in the independent exam and not so in the grammar (consortium) exam and vice versa., other factors to consider are good/bad days which will influence how each child performed on the day.

It aint over till the fat lady sings and she will be singing on 1st March, so I will keep hope alive until then.

Good luck

PS I think KES confirmations will be posted on or around 17/02/12.
rachag

Post by rachag »

Those not borderline or scholarship are offered place without interview on basis of exam performance so certainly no reason to give up hope!
Also, it seems to have been said many times on this forum that it is far from unusual to do well in indie exams and not so well in grammar school exams and vice versa.
Definitely no need to fast forward to worst case scenario at this point :D

Sorry cross posted with above
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Hi all,

I agree with the above posts, he may still have a place, but not for AP/scholarship.

Incidentally a good friend of mine has a son in Camp Hill who didn't get a place at KES. The preparation for each exam is different and the exams test different skills, so it doesn't automatically follow that you get both or neither.
tans

Post by tans »

Thank you all for the advise. I hope he will get a place in grammer school and KES would have liked AP or Scholarship as can not afford the fee paying place.
Last edited by tans on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

He could still gt a place in KES too! :)
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

I'm not going to call but simple stare at my mobile for the next four days, JUST IN CASE...
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I am in the same boat as you Reeyah and tans, but the way I see at this stage any call will probably be for a 'borderline' interview. I think I would rather they don't call at all now as I would still end up worrying that he may not make it past the interview stage.

I don't expect anything anymore. I am just waiting for 1st March so that I can just deal with what we get. DS is too nervous for exams, I don't know why I put him through this....

I don't know how to pass the time. It is dragging on. I was so busy until the end of January I didn't have much time to think. Now there are 7 months until the next project and I have nothing to bury my head in. Anybody need anything doing? (as long as it is not housework!)
UmSusu
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now