St. Albans High School For Girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sillymum

St. Albans High School For Girls

Post by sillymum »

Had to speak to admissions today. But thought, who evers interested to know that was told offers will be going out in the post on Friday.
Wishing everyone the best of luck!
ConcernedDad

Re: St. Albans High School For Girls

Post by ConcernedDad »

Hi asperni,

Thanks for the info. Do you reckon other schools in North London Consortium Group I will also send offers on the same day. We applied to a couple of other schools in Group I, but not St Albans.

I also thought it is also a breach of Clause 7 of North London Consortium Group I Agreed Code of Conduct :)

Btw, Code of Conduct of NLC states

Offers Offers will be posted out to parents by all schools in the Consortium on Thursday 23rd February 2012 (schools using email will email offers on Friday 24th February).

http://www.shhs.gdst.net/agreed-code-of-practice1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck to everyone who applied to St. Albans.
sillymum

Post by sillymum »

yes, I saw that concernedDad. I'm not sure. It's just that I was on the telephone to the lady in admissions (they have mislaid a document of mine) and she just went on to say that offers will be decided on Friday with letters going out on that day. Maybe I heard her wrong? St. Albans being in group 1 NLCG
2GirlsDad

Post by 2GirlsDad »

Hope they email as well for parents that will be away for half term...

Best of luck for your DDs!
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Hope the school releases the results today, and makes the parents of successful children very happy!

asperni and 2GirlsDad, good luck to you and your DDs!
alig

Post by alig »

We wish to clarify our offer letter posting dates as they have been misinterpreted.
St Albans High School for Girls has today posted their Internal Year 7 offer letters. The letters for External candidates will be posted on Thursday, 23 February.
sillymum

Post by sillymum »

alig wrote:We wish to clarify our offer letter posting dates as they have been misinterpreted.
St Albans High School for Girls has today posted their Internal Year 7 offer letters. The letters for External candidates will be posted on Thursday, 23 February.
Ok, that makes sense. Take it you have a Y6 DD there?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Asperni, Note the use of the term "We." I don't think this is a parent of a Y6 dd, I think this is the school actually posting to end any confusion about when the offer/rejection letters are going to be posted from the school. As members of the North London Consortium they are obliged to oiperate within the agreed rules, one of which is when the offer letters will be posted. As this is published information St Albans has moved quickly to reconfirm the published date. This was the right thing for them to do, for as we can see by the postings, there is already enough anguish among the parents. For parents to then think they should be getting their letters this weekend instead of in two weeks time would really have an impact on what should be a lovely half term break. I am very impressed that they have done this and not left parents worrying. It also shows how many people read your post because they must have had a lot of parents phone them up over this for them to react in this way. I also heard of another local school where they were recommending parents who were asking about eleven plus exams to join the forum and benefit from the help and guidance here! Amazing. They will be recommending it in the newsletter next. DG
sillymum

Post by sillymum »

OMG, DG I didn't realise. At the time, when I was having a conversation with stahs, the lady at no point mentioned that they were external offer's being posted of which only led me to believe it was "all" offers....this is where the conversation was misinterpreted.... I didn't evan think to question her. Think "moi" might keep her big trap shut in future!

Great to see that schools are recommending this forum for help and guidance to do with all aspects of schooling :)
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It was an honest mistake Asperni that they have moved quickly to resolve. I would love to know if they actually read it on the forum or had parents tell them about it. I have often wondered if there are lurkers from the various schools on here. I dont envy the indys the job of trying to over offer enough to cover all those who have applied to lots of schools and who of course can only go to one. It is one thing the states dont need to worry about it, they are only allowed to offer their PAN and can only offer down the waiting list when places from their PAN become available. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now