Not long to wait now - how is everyone feeling?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Not long to wait now - how is everyone feeling?

Post by Guest »

Well, nearly there - only 3 weeks to wait. I have found it really difficult this time round (my son did it in 2000 so the waiting time was much shorter). It is probably because the waiting time has been double, my daughter really wants one particular grammar and more girls sit it so the competition is harder.

Post by Guest »

Just rang Essex LEA and they confirmed that the offer letters will be sent out on 1st March by 1st class post - thank goodness for that!
Footymad

Eleven Days................................

Post by Footymad »

Eleven long agonising days to wait......................................................................................................................................................... :x

Good luck to all on this site. :P

I hope we all will "drop by and say "Hi" occasionally and maybe offer new 11+ parents some well sought after advice :)

Footymad.
Essex Girl

Counting down!!

Post by Essex Girl »

Footymad,

I too would like to offer you and all on this site good luck. I am still having nightmares about my own previous experiences of the 11+ and, interestingly, as the this year's allocations day draws nearer, I am having them more often!!

I am probably just weird though!!

Good luck again.

Post by Guest »

I would also like to wish everyone on this site good luck and I hope we do all come back to this site occasionally. Footymad...you have been one of the most supportive parents on this site and I appreciate all your support and advice - much appreciated. You made me feel better after an Essex Mum was rude on one of the links - I especially wish your son/daughter all the luck I can on their results.
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

Good luck to all, and may all your wishes come true.

I look forward to hearing from everyone in a couple of weeks whatever the outcome. There will be some who still need advice after the results come out. Appeals and of course the reshuffle after places have been turned down.

Guest, You said I was rude to you, I was not rude but sometimes you may find it difficult to accept advice that you do not want to hear. you ask for advise and then do not like it when the advise is not the same as your opinion.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I would also like to wish everyone on this site good luck and I hope we do all come back to this site occasionally. Footymad...you have been one of the most supportive parents on this site and I appreciate all your support and advice - much appreciated. You made me feel better after an Essex Mum was rude on one of the links - I especially wish your son/daughter all the luck I can on their results.
Yes, you were rude and other people also commented on you being rude to them so I wasn't the only one. You are right that we go on this site for advice or other people's thoughts and when they are constructive they are welcome - your comments are not constructive or welcome. I am going to leave it there as I want to get as much from this site as I can whiel I can and don't want to trade messages that are worthless.
guest1

Post by guest1 »

Sorry but "Guest" you are getting a bit carried away. Essex Mum has helped on many occasion, her thought and comments ARE welcome. I have been reading this site for over 8 months now and have found it very pleasant and helpful. Although I rarely post, I felt I have to as you are spoiling the forum.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Eleven plus is very competitive amongst the local parents in my area and we parents don’t talk too much about it amongst ourselves for fear of upsetting another. So I more than most have really appreciated this website forum and the support it has offered me and my son. My nerves are a little frayed ahead of March 1st allocations and my son is very apprehensive too. Even though most of the writers on this website are anonymous I wish you all and your children every success and thank you all for being a helping hand throughout the last 6 months, it’s been like having an extended family.

Post by Guest »

guest1 wrote:Sorry but "Guest" you are getting a bit carried away. Essex Mum has helped on many occasion, her thought and comments ARE welcome. I have been reading this site for over 8 months now and have found it very pleasant and helpful. Although I rarely post, I felt I have to as you are spoiling the forum.
That's fine and I am glad she has helped before. I am referring to one incident that spoiled the forum for me and felt I had to reply. As far as I am concerned, the matter is past and I am only interested in reading people's thoughts and feelings leading up to the results next week.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now