OH sick of the "What if?"

Can't burden DS

On the edge now until 1st March!

Anyone else having the same feelings?
Please share!
bondgirl

Re: I have become an 11+ bore

Post by bondgirl »

It's not just you. I think the vast majority of forum members could call themselves an 11+/GCSE/A-level/Uni bore. That's the beauty of this forum - you can vent to your heart's content and know there are numerous like-minded individuals who know and feel what you're going through.

We all just want our DC's to fulfill their potential. If that makes us bores - who cares! :lol:

X
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I am an 11+ bore. Been fixated for years. And would like to stop this strange fixation. Many of my conversations are around this subject. Have to stop!
Strangely this has not translated to GCSE/ IB where I have shown virtually no interest, relied completely on DC and the school. Possibly a mistake!
MrsBrown

Post by MrsBrown »

The problem is I have one already at GS, current DS waiting for results, yet still 2 more to go! Not sure I can maintain the momentum!
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

MrsBrown wrote:Is it just me?

OH sick of the "What if?"

Can't burden DS

On the edge now until 1st March!

Anyone else having the same feelings?
Please share!
Snap, I am with you on that one and my DS hasn't even sat the exam yet! (Sept)
I also have a 4yo DD who will be going through it at some point by which time DS will be doing his GCSE's :shock:
Vic x
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Oh yes, definitely! I have to choose my audience carefully. Family members just about tolerate it as a topic of conversation. Parents of children who won't be sitting the exam don't want to know. Why would they? I have learned that their casual enquiries into how DD is getting on/how the process works/what the schools are like are really just pleasantries. Oh how they glaze over at the merest mention of standardisation! I have found an outlet in a few other parents who have been through/are going through the eleven plus. Then we transmogrify from bores to enthusiasts!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think it depends what sort of person you are ....some people just have a laidback approach to it all and I could scream if I hear one more person say " what will be will be " I need to have some form of control over it all and that's probably why I like to analyse every last, minute detail over and over. I do agree with you on the eyes glazing over. Luckily you can't see anyone's body language on here.

I have a friend whose son is taking the 11 plus and I persuaded her to register on here..she's so relaxed over it all ...she thought my post tally must be a mistake ! :oops:
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

scarlett wrote:...she thought my post tally must be a mistake ! :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was fairly laid back about it all first time around. I knew very little about it and there were no other children from our school taking the test. Now I'm pretty rabid! I think about it every day and we have ages to go yet. The stakes seem higher than before. I wonder if my interest in all things eleven plus will disappear completely after DD has finished. Or is it a case if once an addict, always an addict?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I wonder that too, First Timer ! I'm so addicted to this place I just can't imagine there ever being a time I don't come on here. I'll probably be the talk of the district nurses office when I'm 90 and I'm tapping away on here whilst my leg ulcers are getting dressed :shock: :lol:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

OH simply cannot understand the addiction especially as I didn't discover the forum until the results were due. His eyes definitely glaze over when I mention what has been said. I'm addicted to the amusing threads; I try to avoid posting on certain threads as it's very easy to offend people.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now