Has anyone heard back from Sutton High?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pineapple

Has anyone heard back from Sutton High?

Post by Pineapple »

Just wondering whether they have sent their letters yet, as I was sure we were meant to have heard by now.
modernista

Re: Has anyone heard back from Sutton High?

Post by modernista »

Hi Pineapple

Got a letter last night saying she had passed
Pineapple

Post by Pineapple »

Thanks Modernista and well done to your dd!

We also had good news yesterday :D
modernista

Post by modernista »

Congratulations!
huntlie

Post by huntlie »

Congratulations, that's very good news. You won't regret it - my GD is doing fabulously there, Level 7a in nearly all her subjects at the end of the first term of Year 9.
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

huntlie wrote:Congratulations, that's very good news. You won't regret it - my GD is doing fabulously there, Level 7a in nearly all her subjects at the end of the first term of Year 9.
I wish there were more grandparents that took an interest in their grandchildren's education. My mother and MIL wouldn't have a clue, nor care, what 7a was!
MrsLG2011

Post by MrsLG2011 »

I just wondered how difficult it is to get into Sutton High? My daughter will be joining my son at Ewell castle which I picked because it is co-ed for Junior but I just assumed that he will go straight into the senior school and that she will get into Sutton High school.

One of the mums at my sons school said that it is difficult to get into Sutton High School but I assumed it must be easier than getting into a Grammar school around here

Help!
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Have yet to hear of anyone we know who has applied not being offered a place. Seems easier to get into than Wimbledon, Surbiton and Putney High Schools from my limited knowledge - others may have further info.
modernista

Post by modernista »

My daughter has been on sutton high in junior school. It is reltively easy to get into because it sits slap bang in the middle of two grammars who have catchment areas. Without these locational factors it would be more selective and have better results. i think it is an excellent school.