Forest, Chigwell, Bancrofts

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CPM1771

Forest, Chigwell, Bancrofts

Post by CPM1771 »

A quick message of good luck to everyone waiting for results on Friday. Hope this thread can provide support to those with any problems or decisions to make.
CPM1771

Re: Forest, Chigwell, Bancrofts

Post by CPM1771 »

Anyone had any good news yet - still waiting for post here !
Jollygood

Post by Jollygood »

No, not yet. The post doesn't reach us until at least one....
Waiting on Forest and Bancrofts (We didn't apply to Chigwell).
Best of luck!

Jollygood
Becky Boo

Post by Becky Boo »

We received the post and just wripped open the envelopes!! DD opened Forest and I opened Bancroft. I was still reading when DD started squealing and screaming in delight. She then starts jumping and running all over the place (along with the younger children and the puppy - all of who have know idea what is going on but joined in anyway!!)

Then she starts yelling that she has got a scholarship at Forest!!

Obviously, we are elated and are trying to think of ways to celebrate other than just jumping up and down! I'm not sure what the neighbours are thinking with all the screaming but who cares!!! Best of luck to everyone else!

Cheers
Boo
tubby

Post by tubby »

DD got in at chigwell with a handwritten message saying well done especially in the english exam, :D waiting list for forest though, so happy for her screamed the whole house down. Thank you all :D
GideaParkMum

Post by GideaParkMum »

Got our Forest offer letter. DD was sooo happy. also had a handwritten note on the letter by the headteacher saying how impressive she was at the interview especially her knowledge about sports and leadership. I am soooo pleased. Roll on 1st Mar.
Jollygood

Post by Jollygood »

Wow! Places offered at both Bancrofts and Forest - Yippeeeee!! Now....which to choose....?

Well done to everyone's DCs who were offered places today.

Jolly(jolly)good :-)
tami

Post by tami »

Hi well done to those that have been offered places and scholarships. My heart goes out for those that didn't get offers. DS offered a place at Bancroft no scholarship but like others handwritten MSG from head teacher. Is this standard for Bancroft , why handwritten messages about DS performance in the exam?
Tami
Jollygood

Post by Jollygood »

I don't know if it is usual but I like that personal touch. It feels like the headmistress cares about each child as an individual and not (just) as a grade on a score chart. Her presence on the exam day was equally thoughtful too.

Jollygood
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

Congratulations everyone. So nice to read everyone's good news. We've had an unbelievable morning. 3 offers and scholarships at each 30%, 33% and 50%. Can't believe it. No idea what to do. Still in shock. They are all such lovely school and I know he'd be happy at each. Nicest thing was some of the comments with the offers, really shows they do think about these things. Hopefully we can use this thread to get us all through some decisions.