Here we go again! Anyone else out there?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sabanna

Here we go again! Anyone else out there?

Post by Sabanna »

Starting to get DD2 prepared for this years exam and wondered who else was out there for this year?
Chelt_Dad

Re: Here we go again! Anyone else out there?

Post by Chelt_Dad »

Just got the accounts box full of stuff from DS1 out from the attic and have started talking about the process with DS2, all aboard for the roller-coaster once again !
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Don't envy you guys! I've got time off for another couple of years thank goodness.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Hi I've got DS taking the test this yr - DD was in last yrs intake so awaiting 1st March with baited breathe! Have not had a chance to put anything away- will look forward to giving everything away at the end of October !!
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Ds2 is taking the test this year. Deep breaths are needed and much wine I think. Why,oh why did I at any point in the past think that having children was a good idea??? If only I knew then what I know now......
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

I am doing this with DS for the first time, my DD is only 4 so we will have a big break in between having to do it again.

Think it will take that long to recover!
Vic x
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

DS this year, waiting for 1 March with DD - what a roller coaster!!!

DS so much more difficult to motivate but bribery (warhammer) is working at the moment ...

Started looking at the different types over half term and have lots of 10 min papers so we can do little and often.

Once March is over may well start taking him round the Open Days - from what I have read I think STR would suit him if he can get there, but having focused on the girls' schools last year there is more research to be done :)
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Oh good luck all-I think it's so much "worse" doing it second or third or fourth....time round.Ignorance is bliss.

Ds2 is only 6 and Ds1 was Septembers intake so aaaages yet (then the next three are a year between each one eeeek!) and hopefully some kind of appocilypse will happen before then... :wink:
PaterGloucester

Post by PaterGloucester »

muminTewkes wrote:Hopefully some kind of apocalypse will happen before then... :wink:
That made me chuckle, Mum In Tewkes. Yes, Pestilence, Famine, War and the other one would be greatly preferable to explaining code questions to DS 2. I do feel a bit more confident in what I'm doing this time round, but DS2 is a completely different kettle of fish from DS1 and it's heavy going.

Must stop as four odd looking chaps on horses are galloping towards the house...
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I too am going for the second year in a row.. But I'm so much more worried this year. I was always confident ds1 would avheive his aim, but dd is a very different person. Firstly it'll matter more to her if she doesn't, and she will without doubt have worked a lot harder than ds1 did this year. But I'm not at all confident. Roll on march 2013. I can then have a rest for 4 years before doing the double again.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now