Colfes or St. Dunstance

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
help me

Colfes or St. Dunstance

Post by help me »

Hi...all confused or not so confused parents...My son has been offered a place in both Colfes and St.Dunstance...The question is which one? Both are at same distance from my Home .
malibu

Re: Colfes or St. Dunstance

Post by malibu »

Not much help, but I have a friend whose son received offers from both schools, and they chose St Dunstan's. I believe they are both very happy with their choice. Good luck with your decision.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Congratulations on your two offers.

If you only had one offer, which would you prefer? sometimes it's best to listen to your gut instinct. The best school for you may not be the best school for your neighbour, or een the higher rated school, but it may be best for you. Which school does your dc prefer?
kwest

Post by kwest »

They are very different types of school which tend to appeal to different people - when you looked around, which did you prefer? And which did your child prefer?
lefol

Post by lefol »

Hello , well done to your ds for getting offers from St Dunstans and Colfes. Both good schools and hard to choose. They are both on par in terms of academics . St Dunstans has a much larger building and has a reputation for IB. If you do the sums, St D's is slightly cheaper than Colfes. I would suggest you visit both again and see which one ds prefers.
help me

Post by help me »

Thx...for your feed back...All. I think from your FB I got to visit them both again...
kwest

Post by kwest »

That's a good idea. Re-fees, there's very little in it - St Dunstan's looks more expensive at first glance but fees include lunch which you don't have to opt for at Colfe's (kids can take packed lunch).

Go and have another look and think about what's important to you - the schools have very atmospheres and most people find that one feels more comfortable to them than the other. See what you think and good luck with your decision.
kwest

Post by kwest »

Sorry that should say very DIFFERENT atmospheres...
help me

Post by help me »

Guys I have been to both again......My child has been offered a scholarship at Colfes...not much, but my heart is at Dunstance and it changes back to Colfes...so nerve racking.Please...feed back...
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Sorry, just a curiosity. Were you offered scholarship for Colfe’s in the first offer letter or just now? When you opened the topic it was not clear that you have scholarship for Colfe’s. We also have offers but waiting for GS. Personally, and just by visual effect I would not choose Dunstan’s…scary building. But it is MY opinion. Colfe’s looks modern and bright and has a Head teacher who had a teaching position in Sevenoaks school. Academically the both schools are about the same
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now