Release of Allocation Information

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
maddad

Release of Allocation Information

Post by maddad »

I assume others have just got an email:
Allocation emails will be sent out before the online system is available, however you will need your login details to accept your place online.

Your allocation will be sent to you by email first. Only after allocation emails have been sent will the online system be updated with allocation information. There will be no information available online prior to the allocation email.

The allocation email will be despatched after 18:00 on 01 March 2012 but the settings of your local email service could mean that the email arrives several hours after it has been despatched from HCC. The online system will be updated with allocation information Late evening on 1st March 2012.
Sounds like they're scared of their online system being overloaded by parents sitting in front of PCs hitting Refresh. :lol:

I heard rumours last year of some parents having to wait hours for an email after other parents had already found out. Does anyone else have more factual experience?
lemondrop

Re: Release of Allocation Information

Post by lemondrop »

Do you live in Herts? I think London residents are on a different system, I've certainly not had any email to that effect. However, I imagine the scenario is the same for EAdmissions as it is for the HCC admissions, and we'll all be frantically hitting refresh like things possessed on Thursday evening regardless! :lol:
maddad

Post by maddad »

Yes, we live in Herts and applied via the Herts County Council website.
vasu

Post by vasu »

All my friends, Who have been through this last year, have told me that it would be near impossible to get on the council website. They have told me to wait for the email!!!! Inspite of the advice I will try my hardest to log on to the website!!!!!
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
999 mum

Post by 999 mum »

vasu wrote: They have told me to wait for the email!!!! Inspite of the advice I will try my hardest to log on to the website!!!!!
Or if you are like me, I had two tabs open, my email account the website and I was refreshing both in turn. :oops:
sonic1

Post by sonic1 »

We received our email at 18.21, and our surname is towards the end of the alphabet, friends did have to wait a couple of hours.
I am sure HCC has a system, but am not sure what it is. It may be students who receive their first choice get their email first, but I am not entirely sure.
The system will not crash, don't worry, good luck everyone, nearly there!
QE mum

Post by QE mum »

We live in Barnet and have not received any emails from eAdmissions.
However, i have already been logging in several times a day kind of hoping that they might have made a mistake and posted the results early! How sad am I?!
i just want to know..... :(
laretta

Post by laretta »

Qe mum

I confess I too have logged in twice, just on the off chance something had been posted early in error. Guess what - it hadn't! :lol: I guess that makes me sad as well. :lol:
busybeenfun

Post by busybeenfun »

2 years ago we found out first on the HCC website. The email turned up an hour or so later (after 8pm).

Good luck to all those waiting this year
2GirlsDad

Post by 2GirlsDad »

I tried all the tricks that I read about on the Herts online system. Seems foolproof, nothing is available at this point. Will need to check the online system. :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now