At what time on March 1 ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
freemum

At what time on March 1 ?

Post by freemum »

Hi
Does anybody know at what time The Royal borough of Windsor and Maidenhead release their results online? I am very anxious to know about the result. :P
They didn't mention on their website.
ks

Re: At what time on March 1 ?

Post by ks »

It depends!

IF the online system is working it may well be midnight (in 2009 I didn't stay up but logged in on the off chance at 04 :00 and got the allocation then). However last year, it was not working; however i understand from those who went through the process last year that if you had applied online (but found you couldn't log in) you could phone admissions during the day and they would email you.

Incidentally, the snail mail version also depends. In 2009 in RBWM they put insufficient postage on some letters (wrong size envelopes) and they arrived 3 days after allocation day!

Good luck. It's certainly worth a try at midnight but no guarantees. I sometimes think they don't publish times to try to avoid the system crashing because everyone tries at once.
freemum

Post by freemum »

Thank you very much KS for your information.
PASS

Post by PASS »

:D
We live in NE, our council's online system is down so they've send out the letter in advance. Good news.

1st preference:Herschel (DS passed with an SCG ave. score of 120, Bucks ave 123): Place offered.

:)
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

NE is....?? :oops:

Congrats on your first choice! :)
MrsBrown

Post by MrsBrown »

For West Berks - I found this on the web-site:

"Notification of allocated places for the Year 7 allocation 2012

Letters are sent in the post on 01 March (2nd class) to all West Berkshire applicants. Parents are asked not to contact the admissions team by phone to ask for the result because it cannot be communicated in this way. Applicants who make an online application are able to log into their online application from 9.00am on 01 March to view the result and if they ticked the box to be notified by email, will be sent an email as well. The emails will be sent from our server first thing on the 1st, but due to the volume this can take some time."

But RGS send out their own letters (SAE 1st class), so should be tomorrow or Friday by post!

Which is around 2pm here :roll:
PASS

Post by PASS »

SUpple wrote:NE is....?? :oops:

Congrats on your first choice! :)
Thanks.

NE: North East of England
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Wow, living in the North East and you got Herschel....? The commute should be fun! :lol: :lol:
PASS

Post by PASS »

SUpple wrote:Wow, living in the North East and you got Herschel....? The commute should be fun! :lol: :lol:
It's only March, we plan to move down after school finishes in July, hope this makes sense!
sedbergh15

Post by sedbergh15 »

Email arrived at 8am
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now