Notifications for Wiltshire... nothing yet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
relievedit'sallover

Notifications for Wiltshire... nothing yet

Post by relievedit'sallover »

Hi,
We are just over the border in Wiltshire and have just been told by Wilts Council that we will not get an email and that the letters will be posted today (so more waiting). Does anyone know if there is a way to find out sooner? or will Gloucestershire council email the results as well? It seems odd that Wilts will make us wait for a couple of days....anyone who has any info, this would be very gratefully received !
Mouse

Re: Notifications for Wiltshire... nothing yet

Post by Mouse »

Am in Wiltshire too - waiting for post, biting my nails etc- do we really not hear today???!
relievedit'sallover

Hi Mouse, according to Wilts Council, the letters are being posted today, but I am really, really hoping the person I spoke to has got it wrong and that we'll receive them today. I had initially assumed we would get an email as I did an online application....will post again if I find out any more information.
relievedit'sallover

well post just arrived and nothing ! so unfortunately I think it's just a case of waiting for the post over the next couple of days....sigh
relievedit'sallover

...and just had confirmation from a friend who called Wilts Council again, they have only been posted today so Wilts will not receive any notifications today.....
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Sounds a bit off to me. I thought the idea of National Allocations Day was that all parents heard on the same day irrespective of location.
Capers
relievedit'sallover

Yes, so did I, I am very surprised and a bit unhappy to be honest!
Amber

Post by Amber »

capers123 wrote:Sounds a bit off to me. I thought the idea of National Allocations Day was that all parents heard on the same day irrespective of location.
Agree. Nothing short of outrageous imho. Not like they haven't had long enough to sort it out. Poor you. :(
relievedit'sallover

Amber wrote:
capers123 wrote:Sounds a bit off to me. I thought the idea of National Allocations Day was that all parents heard on the same day irrespective of location.
Agree. Nothing short of outrageous imho. Not like they haven't had long enough to sort it out. Poor you. :(

Will be waiting for the poor postman again tomorrow....I think he thinks I am a little nutty. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear and am very happy to see so many people have received good news, congratulations !
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Would you not be able to log into the Gloucestershire admissions website as you have applied for a Gloucester grammar school or did you have to apply through Wiltshire? Also, would it be worth ringing them direct and sounding desperate - they may help. Seems barmy that results aren't emailed if you applied online. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now