12+ results are out

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

12+ results are out

Post by Guest »

Our son Jonny's 12+ result arrived today. Great news 131.

Just the problem of being 11 miles from our nearest grammar to overcome now.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest

I am delighted for you, and I am able - as some people over on "Rehab" will notice any moment now - to give the same good news. My son also passed!

I am still incoherent with joy, and can post little more than that!

We should be offered a place, and I so hope thatyou are too. If you need to go for a Appeal, just let us know and we will help you in any way we can.

Enjoy the celebrations!

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I have PM'd you - I am soooo delighted!!

Wrongs can be righted - and have been!!
Jess

Post by Jess »

Sally-Anne, that is such fantastic news. You give so much time and thought to this forum and help the parents on here wherever and whenever you can. There is no-one more deserving of a happy ending than you. I am absolutely delighted for you and your son. There is justice in the world after all!

Jess x
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest and Sally-Anne

Well Done to both of you and your children...

Which school is the next hurdle, have you been given a time span?

Any more results out there?

Patricia
Jed

Post by Jed »

Sally-Anne

So glad I hung around a little longer...

That's fantastic! I remember clearly when we were in the same boat last year and your angst at your son not being able to go to the grammar. There's no-one who I'm happier for, especially as you've taken a lot of time to give everyone else invaluable advice.

Well done for all your perseverence. I'm sure your son will do extra well at grammar now - he knows the value of bouncing back from adversity.

I think I'll have to resist the lures of rehab, or the California hotel. Otherwise I might still be here when my grandchildren go to secondary!

Best wishes for the future.

Jed
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jed

This forum NEEDS people like you, level headed, grounded, been there done that.

Please keep popping back, you can 'see' the other side of the coin, ie. all is not lost if a grammar is not provided.

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I am slowly coming down to earth here!

As so many of you will know, we have been waiting for what feels like an eternity for the result that my son truly deserves - 11+ near miss, an 11+ Appeal that didn't work out, the worry of the 12+ and the long wait since early April for today's result.

I hope that this will give hope to many others who don't get the result that they were hoping for this coming November in Bucks. I shall still be here as living proof that justice can, finally, be done. If you believe your child is suitable for a GS, keep fighting and never give up.

I'm afraid I'm going to indulge in a bit of an Oscar speech - bear with me!!

There are a great many people who have supported me loyally on this Forum over the last 18 months. Catherine, HP, Chad, hermanmunster, Footymad, Jed, usa, Ambridge, Jess, SPUD, Chins (long time no see, Chins? - hope all's well with your daughter), Scooby and probably quite a few others who no longer post here. Thank you all for your kindness to me and to my son.

Over in that incredibly silly place called Rehab, I have been sustained over the last couple of months by LBSWM, Rosey, Appeal Mum, Worried Mum, Guest55, NorthKentMum, Marie, Lily and Jenny Wren. Thanks girls - I would have gone crazy without you (and I so enjoyed going crazy with you!) - your own Rehab thank you will be winging it's way shortly.

Three people deserve a very special mention indeed. First of all, my fellow Mods:

Patricia, who has sent me countless PMs wishing me luck, commiserating with me, answering questions about the 12+ and keeping me going in dark moments.

Etienne, who was such a tremendous help on our Appeal and ever since. I would have been a nervous wreck without you. I sincerely appreciate your time and invaluable advice.

The most important person of all is Lee. When I started out on the 11+ trail so many years ago, this website didn't exist. I was in the dark about so many aspects of the 11+, and had I known more I am sure that all the agonies of the last couple of years could have been avoided. He has created an amazing resource for all parents here, and the hours of work he has put in to it are immense.

When I rang you Lee to order a few practice materials for the 12+ I genuinely think that you cared more than I did about my son passing the test. My heartfelt thanks - I am more grateful to you than you can ever know.

Sally-Anne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Sally-Anne

I am so happy for you and your son.

I am lost for words ..........

:D
Etienne
Alex

Post by Alex »

So very pleased for you Sally-Anne. This news is the one reason I have been scanning the Bucks section of the Forum almost daily for ages and ages now. You have had quite a few silent well wishers as well as those who demonstrated their support in more practical ways.

Enjoy the celebration!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now