Colchester County High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
brainiac

Colchester County High School

Post by brainiac »

I am very proud of my DD, and am relieved for us that it is over (sorry for others :( )
She is the only one from her school who is going to Colchester and I wondered if anyone else would be interested in a form of communication, such as email between our daughters. Others from this forum have previously arranged meet ups during the summer holidays also :)
djy76

Re: Colchester County High School

Post by djy76 »

Hi

Congratulations your DD will be joining a lovely school I have a DD in year 8. She was the only one from her school and only one of two from our town to get in and she has felt she fitted from day one (naturally shy). If I remember rightly they had an intake from 69 different schools so being the only one from a school was the norm. Getting a bus with others has been great as is the induction process which your DD and you will be involved in. Mr Turner the head of the junior years puts a lot of thought and effort into the deciding who goes int which class and it has certainly worked well for my DD.

Good luck.
djy
eleven

Post by eleven »

My DD also got Colchester. Is there anyone out there that has a DD that travels from London? I would like to hear from them.
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Thanks djy,
I have another DD currently in year 9 so already familiar with Mr Turner. I just thought it would be nice for my DD to start some type of communication whilst there is a buzz of excitement as my DD tends to be rather shy and reserved.
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

My DD is going to Colchester and is also the only child from her school, send me a pm if you would like to do this, my DD said everyone else was talking about going to the local school today. School gave her recognition in assembly and in the newsletter today which was nice.
carrieg

Post by carrieg »

DD is also going to Colchester and we are in Halstead. Would like to be involved in meet up. Please PM me as I have tried to PM and it won't send. Thanks.
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

I've just sent you a pm Carrieg.
11pluscountdown

Post by 11pluscountdown »

Hi all
DD got offered Col too!
Delighted and proud parents we most certainly are!

Great idea to get the girls together .... Im happy to arrange it if you like.
Drop me a pm if interested.

Well done to you all
11 Pluscountdown
carrieg

Post by carrieg »

Hi. Sleeplessinhalstead, brainiac and 11pluscountdown, I have sent you a pm.

Thanks.

Carrieg
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Evening, my DD has been offered Colchester too and would like to meet other girls so would you mind sending details of a meeting. Thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now