travel to kendrick girls grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
123abc

travel to kendrick girls grammar

Post by 123abc »

my dd got in kendrick girls grammar school ,can anyone advice me how to travel. anyone from harrow done that before????DD got a place in St. Helen's ( scholarship). How to choose ?? any suggestions ? I have DD2 starting reception in 2012 .shall I move to kendrick ? wait for hbs to let know about waitlist? go for ST .Helen's??????
mad?

Re: travel to kendrick girls grammar

Post by mad? »

Get to Paddington and get a fast train or Ealing Broadway or Hayes and get a very slow one. Then get a bus from Reading Station. Sorry but personally, I would say a total nightmare of a journey.
mad?
sgcmum

Post by sgcmum »

Agree with mad?
Would be very tiring.looks like you have the option of moving?
Would suggest moving if a place from the wait list in HBS doesn't happen.
Do you have a generous scholarship from st.helens?
Last edited by sgcmum on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

I'm pretty sure everyone walks from the station. But yes, sounds a horrible journey, and I'd be very reluctant to have my 11 year old spending what would surely add up to 3 hours a day commuting. I don't know north west London very well, but St Helen's looks far more accessible - what would your daughter's journey be like to get there?
123abc

Post by 123abc »

I agree with scgsmum if I won't hear from hbs , i will move .thers a lot of travelling involved ; sounds impossible . ST . Helen' s giving a good academic scholarship . DD want to go for kendrick girls .we been in the meet on 29 feb (st.helens) . She is firm on kendrick. thanx for suggestions.
smitha

Post by smitha »

Hi 123 abc

I am from harrow too and my daughter has got into kendrick too ,kindly get in touch i have sent you a pm
rd1

Post by rd1 »

Hi my dd also got in kendrick and st helen and notting hill. Thinking to send to kendrick. We live in greenford. We can all team up to organise transport ?
rd1

Any one to kendrick from West London

Post by rd1 »

Hi My DD got place in Kendrick and we live in Ealing. Any one there in west london ?. We can team up for transport ?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Really from west London the train is your only option. The traffic to get into Reading from the M4 would make any form of road option quite ridiculous.
rd1

Post by rd1 »

Hi Any girls travel to Kendrick from Ealing. My daughter starts from September. I am keen to pair up

R
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now