GL level too easy to prepare for NVR Tiffin?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BusyQueenBee

GL level too easy to prepare for NVR Tiffin?

Post by BusyQueenBee »

I read some of the feedback from DCs taking the Tiffin exam and there seemed to be a joint impression that the NVR was slightly harder than the GL practice some of them had done. So my question is: which NVR papers should I have DS practicing which would be at the Tiffin level?
Last edited by BusyQueenBee on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Re: GL level too easy to prepare for NVR Tiffin?

Post by tiffinboys »

You may find other papers even easier.

If your DC is comfortable with GL, then only thing to do is practice more on techniques. If technique is mastered, then any paper produced by GL would not be too difficult to tackle.

I am sure that some one more experienced would add few more tips.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
BusyQueenBee

Post by BusyQueenBee »

Thank you tiffin. We have been doing Bond and will start on GL soon. Have just discovered how different multiple choice actually is in terms of exam speed. :o He is much slower marking the answers than he was circling the right letter in the standard format! Also, in VR it's a completely different way of thinking because the answer is there and you have to work out which one it is...
la boume

Post by la boume »

We started doing GL papers 2 months before the exam. By then all techniques were learned. DD found GL papers OK and was scoring 85-95%. However after doing the real exam she said that VR paper was easy, but NVR was really tough. She ran out of time and guessed last 7-8 questions. Usually she was equally good in both.
ninja11

Post by ninja11 »

My dd found GL pack 2(NVR) most difficult, scoring around 80% on average which we did just couple of weeks before actual exam. She also found some of IPS papers difficult too.
She found Tiffin NVR to be very difficult (guessing few) but VR easy.
Her Tiffins scores were 138 in VR and 115 in NVR. However, she scored 140 for NVR and 138 for VR for Langley exam and initially said that difficultly level was about the same as TGS.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now