2008 entry year 5 parents briefing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
patricia

2008 entry year 5 parents briefing

Post by patricia »

Dear All

For your information, click the relevant headings on the following link.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/leade ... /index.asp

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Patricia

I was looking at some of that information the other day, but missed the Powerpoint presentation. Definitely a bouquet to Bucks for making the process so clear, especially on Allocations. I recommend that all Bucks parents coming up to the 11+ take a look at it.

However, I would make the bouquet a small-ish one because there is still no mention of the Order of Suitability. I can see arguments for and against making it widely known in advance of the Appeals process, but I think that on balance - and in the name of transparency - parents should be told that the Heads are ranking the children during the Autumn. Parents should be able to ask the Head how he/she goes about ranking the children, and the ranking that their child has been given.

It is another unneeded shock for parents to only discover that their child has been ranked by the Head in the wake of a poor test result.

Our Head was quite willing to tell parents roughly how he would be ranking their child, but the parents only got this information if they knew about the process in the first place!

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Could my post of the dates for Open evenings be linked in here as it's all about 2008 entry? Surely it's best if all the info is together ...
HDA

Post by HDA »

I agree Guest 55, and I would ask Forum Admin to set up a sub heading on the main menu for all useful links - with a brief explanation of what they are. I often remember there is one here somewhere and can't find it, even using the search facility.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Both of you

I will do my best to comply with this, once I've worked out the best way to do it.

Watch this space!

(Guest55 - you're just determined to push me nearer to the dreaded 1,000th post, aren't you? :wink: )

Sally-Anne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest55

The above link does refer to open evenings too.

Dear HDA

Agree totally, I will ask forumadmin, you could, if you registered, send him a PM yourself
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Patricia

I think we can do this via a sticky - I'll have a go later and see what I can do.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now