Giving Notice At An Indy ... what is a whole term's notice?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Caroline1852

Giving Notice At An Indy ... what is a whole term's notice?

Post by Caroline1852 »

Is it by the last day of term of the the preceding term, or before the first day of term, in the term at the end of which they leave?
Waiting_For_Godot

Re: Giving Notice At An Indy ... what is a whole term's noti

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

To be on the safe side I would hand it in on the last day of term before the start of the new one. So the end of March if you planned to take a child out at the end of the summer term.
Caroline1852

Post by Caroline1852 »

Waiting_For_Godot wrote:To be on the safe side I would hand it in on the last day of term before the start of the new one. So the end of March if you planned to take a child out at the end of the summer term.
Thanks, WfG.

I've never had to give notice to any school before now. I will of course try and give notice as early as possible but I'm just wondering how long we can dilly dally on making a decision.
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

They may accept the very first day of next term but I've never done it as I was unsure.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

For anything else we have to give notice to cease (such as music lessons, speech & drama) we have to say by the last day of the previous term not the first day of the next. I have not looked into giving notice to leave yet as we are a year away from that.
Caroline1852

Post by Caroline1852 »

Reading Mum wrote:For anything else we have to give notice to cease (such as music lessons, speech & drama) we have to say by the last day of the previous term not the first day of the next. I have not looked into giving notice to leave yet as we are a year away from that.
Thanks.

:)