Telephones

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Looking for help

Telephones

Post by Looking for help »

Does anyone know where I can buy a set of telephones, one of which has a cord and is permanently fixed to the telephone point and so cannot be moved, with another couple of cordless handsets ? Mine are always getting lost and therefore go dead so we cannot be reached, a couple of times this has been a bit of a problem.

Thank you, and apologies for another thread that has nothing to do with education :D
hermanmunster

Re: Telephones

Post by hermanmunster »

this sort of thing?

http://www.cordless-phones.uk.com/cordl ... 6461-phone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
can probably get some more cordless extensions (edit: you can - loads if you scroll down the page)
Looking for help

Fantastic herman, so far I had only managed to find these on a US website.

That's really good - the number of times we have not had a working home phone, which is not so bad for us making calls due to the huge quantity of mobiles (which funnily never ever get lost), but for elderly relatives, calling mobiles seems to be beyond them :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

:lol: :lol: - I have a 1950's US phone converted to a Uk jack as a fixed phone - really loud bell and still works if the power goes off . Works OK with a cordless set with the base plugged in elsewhere...

have a friend who I can never get on the landline as the phones are lost and have gone flat so can't even be paged!!

good luck - !
Looking for help

I like the sound of yours - problem is, we only have one telephone point - which is fine with the cordless ones as long as you don't lose them. We found one in the car once :roll: I know it has quite a long range but really! Nobody owned up to that :roll:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Yes you do need another socket for our system. This house has a ludicrous number put in by the previous owners. had BT here sorting out a bad line and we wondered round for some moving furniture going - "Oh look there's another one. .. :oops: "

Far too many and far too much chance for them to go wrong!! Error was in some socket behind a cupboard leading to the one used by SKY. :roll: easily solved but would have been better if there was only a couple.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now