Transport to Westcliff from Havering

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tapas123

Transport to Westcliff from Havering

Post by Tapas123 »

Hi First post from a worried parent based in Gidea Park. We are delighted that our daughter has been accepted to Westcliff High School for Girls but are worried about her getting there from Gidea Park, particularly considering how far away from the Station the school is? Any idea of a coach, etc. that may take kids from this area or anyone in the same position that may be interested should I arrange transport?
llywelyn

Re: Transport to Westcliff from Havering

Post by llywelyn »

If you find a coach please let us know: we live just off Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch and my son will be travelling to WHSB. Thinking of train from Upminster.
sonrup

Post by sonrup »

My DD has got into WHSG, as well
there is a bus service that picks up at the Brewery in Romford, at 7 in the morn, and drops of at 5, i believe there is also a pick up point at Harold Wood, give me a couple of hours and i'll post u the details.
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

See the following post about Maymist coaches, they might go your way

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=24787" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This question has been asked a few times, it would be nice if someone would post back with any details they may find :)
sonrup

Post by sonrup »

coach service email as foloows;
info@maymist.com
looney

Post by looney »

Hi
I have just spoken to SBC leisure (http://www.sbcleisure.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) which does a lot of Westcliff / southend school runs from Great Notely, Chelmsford, Billericay and Ingatestone . They said they can consider putting a service for Romford/Gidea Park/Harold wood and Hornchurch DCs to Westcliff if they have a minimum of 20 people.
Please send me a PM ( not sure if I am allowed to post the details here) and I will give you their details or you can go online to check them out. They are working on a quote based on mileage but think it will be a monthly standing order payment of between £125 - £140 for 10 months per school year if there are 20 kids.
arsen

Post by arsen »

Thanks for that info

I am planning that my DS will use the trains. However, do you think they may consider using the service for part of the week? I'd be interested initially as my son will be attending WHSB, but over time if my DS wants to attend after school clubs etc, I would probably ask him to use the train on those days, so a part week arrangement would be ideal in this instance.

I will keep looking at this forum for any updates.

Thanks
thukhasan2017

Post by thukhasan2017 »

hello..anyone going to westcliff high school for girls from walthamstow.
sg896

Post by sg896 »

Maymist coaches go from the Harvester on Main Road, Gidea Park and charge £39 per week in term time x
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

thukhasan2017 wrote:hello..anyone going to westcliff high school for girls from walthamstow.

I hesitate to ask, but was WHSG really your first preference? I live a mile from WHSG; I have been to Walthamstow and I can safely say that I would never consider sending a child of mine on that journey five days a week, thirty nine weeks of the year, for at least five years. Or is this a temporary measure until you find a house in the area? There are some quite nice properties on the market at the moment within sensible walking distance of the Westcliff grammar schools :) .
Last edited by ToadMum on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now