KE: Highest Mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
AHelpingHand

KE: Highest Mark

Post by AHelpingHand »

Can anyone please tell me the highest mark of the KE schools? :wink: We have received our results. One thing I don't understand though,why were my DS's results were higher than the results range!!!! :?
Last edited by AHelpingHand on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FluffyD

Re: KE: Highest Mark

Post by FluffyD »

ANGLIA wrote:Our letter arrived but only with breakdown marks of two papers, and total marks. Not a standardised mark :? . Though the letter did say that the standardised marks ranged between 127 and 276.
Though I think that people are wary of turning this forum into a bragging session rather than support. :lol:
Well done on your DC's results. :D
Vic x
Farooq

Post by Farooq »

Firstly well done to your son :) and I agree with FluffyD; lets not make this a forum for aggrandising our achievements. That is certainly not taking away the joy of success in face of INTENSE competition BUT at the same token let's be mindful of the many who perhaps narrowly failed to get in....
best regards

Farooq

(In the field of observation, chance favors the prepared mind. Louis Pasteur)
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

It baffles me even more when people join the forum JUST to then say their DC has done well :roll:

Well done to all our DC for giving it their best shot and coming out of the whole process ( relatively) unscathed :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

interesting - decades ago KEHS gave foundation scholarships to the best 2 in the entrance exams in each year. in my year the 2 did OK over the 7 years - OK but not stellar. Just shows not to make too much of entrance exam marks.
wanting4

Post by wanting4 »

reeyah wrote:It baffles me even more when people join the forum JUST to then say their DC has done well :roll:

Well done to all our DC for giving it their best shot and coming out of the whole process ( relatively) unscathed :)

Indeed!
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

reeyah wrote:It baffles me even more when people join the forum JUST to then say their DC has done well :roll:

This is just too much. Having spent more of my time than I’d really hoped panning for nuggets of useful information in the endless, off-topic chat on this forum – no small part of it generated by you – I’m astounded that when one person posts *twice*, *50 words* in total, you feel the need to stamp on them like this. Their last post to me reads as, “I’m really excited, but I don’t understand the result figures I’ve been sent” and, no, I don’t feel that they *really* thought their child had scored *more* than the highest mark.

This forum is very seasonal; we have the busy, excited, emotional and, sure, often off-topic times (like now) and the very quite times when it dawns on some that the friends they’re helping are also rivals. Everyone has to make their first post about something and I have no problem if that happens to be about their good news – many wander away again of course, but I *hope* they’ll hang around and contribute more, if they can.

This forum should not be as cliquey and inward looking as I feel it is becoming.

And, having seemingly criticized the off-topic posts (which are no surprise, and I do accept – honestly) I’ve been trying to find an excuse to say "Thank you" (read that with a maximum of sincerity and a minimum of pomposity) to everyone who’s been brave enough to share their failures, trauma’s and insane reactions to this insane 11+ process. It has helped – and to a wider audience than ever get around to posting here, I know.
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

To be fair, Dibble, the original post was very different to the one you are now looking at, and I was a little taken aback at it. The revise post is really quite different!
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

faitaccompli wrote:To be fair, Dibble, the original post was very different to the one you are now looking at, and I was a little taken aback at it. The revise post is really quite different!
Thanks, I do hate the editing feature in forums – though replies with correct quoting can help a lot. Oh, the happy days of Usenet when you just couldn’t get away with that sort of thing :-/

Would it be an improvement to prevent editing, perhaps allowing deletion? Overkill probably.

I did notice the OP edited but I’d like to let my reply stand intact for the minute because the relevant editing and posting times support that. I’m happy to be told otherwise too.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

faitaccompli wrote:To be fair, Dibble, the original post was very different to the one you are now looking at, and I was a little taken aback at it. The revise post is really quite different!

Yes. I was quite surprised that it had been drastically edited after being responded to. It makes it look like the replies are an overreaction when the initial post was very boastful. I suppose the OP is quite excited and had to write it somewhere. We know you are a proud parent and rightly so.

I didn't bother getting my sons score last year. Although I know he did very well, the score didn't matter to me as he got his first place school and everyone starts equal so there was no point in my eyes. Maybe the OP comes across as bragging more, as its someone who has completed his journey and not shared it with us, and so you can argue what's the point of posting at all? Knowing the intricacies of how the result is worked out seems more important to those who have failed to get in, rather than those who have clearly passed. Is is so you can feel superior when he starts, because that's not a good way to start any school.

Many children did well, many did not, but the parent posted on here before the child sat the exams, looking for advice, support, whatever.

I understand where Reeyah is coming from because of this.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now