Loreto Exam Advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Munchkins

Loreto Exam Advice

Post by Munchkins »

Hi, I am new to the forum and would love some advice about the Loreto exam. I am going to tutor my daughter myself but would really appreciate any advice about the Loreto exam and suitable materials I should be using. Many Thanks! x :)
jugglermum

Re: Loreto Exam Advice

Post by jugglermum »

Hi Munchkins,

The Loreto exam is quite different from most of the other grammars in Trafford. It tests

-Verbal Reasoning - these are tested by GL assessment and are multiple choice so you can buy the official GL assessment practise papers

- Maths - this is the own school test and there are no past/practise papers available. I have been told it is more like a sats paper and it is NOT multiple choice

- English - again multiple choice tested by GL assessment so you can buy practise papers. My daughter sat it last year and said it had two comprehensions in it. I think it also had some spelling but not sure. I did not tutor this but just did thepractise papers with her.

- Writing - schools own test , you get choice of 3/4 things to write. Its only about 20 minutes. We did no prep for this at all as I guess its quite hard one to tutor and think the primary school would cover all is required.

There is no non-verbal test at all.

Good Luck
Munchkins

Post by Munchkins »

Many thanks jugglermum, you have been very helpful. Forgive my ignorance but what does GL stand for as in GL assessment. Also, I have Bond books for VR, are these GL assessment type?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

this is the sort of thing:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/9 ... ack-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now