Transport to Queen Mary Walsall from Wolverhampton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lemonsqueezy

Transport to Queen Mary Walsall from Wolverhampton

Post by Lemonsqueezy »

Hi, could someone tell me whether there is a direct bus service to Queen Mary GS for boys from Wolverhampton? I have checked the Green Bus website and don't seem to find anything. Thanks
Dibble

Re: Transport to Queen Mary Walsall from Wolverhampton

Post by Dibble »

Lemonsqueezy wrote:Hi, could someone tell me whether there is a direct bus service to Queen Mary GS for boys from Wolverhampton? I have checked the Green Bus website and don't seem to find anything. Thanks
We investigated travel to QMBG last year, but from Dudley not Wolverhampton.
A special school only "to-the-gates service"? No, not that I know of from our direction.

It’s a 15 minute walk from Walsall centre, noticeably uphill in a morning. Though there is a bus passing the school, few boys wait for it.

I’m guessing you’re a local and don’t need much advice about public transport but, just in case... The bus timetable is likely to be wildly inaccurate at that time in the morning and you shouldn’t discount the train service out of hand, even though you travel via NewStreet. I did the journey a few times on various routes and even the slow, through train from Coseley to Walsall was quicker, far more comfortable and, importantly, homework friendly – you may have more options depending on where in Wolv you’re talking about.
ok1

Post by ok1 »

Hi,

I have seen some QM boys using the 529 bus service from wolv>walsall, and as Dibble mentioned it's a short walk to the school from the town centre.

Its a shame but the Uni of Wolv run a shuttle bus between Wolv and Walsall campus, which is only a short walk away from QM boys. I know someone who posed the question but refused due to regulations.

ok1
LSHACK

Post by LSHACK »

Hi unfortunately there is no dedicated green bus service. Our son started at QMGS in Sept 2011 and when we enquired they said there were not enough users to justify starting a route. We live in Wednesfield and our son goes on the 69 as this is the quickest of two buses that pass through Wednesfield. DS then gets another bus out of Walsall bus station to close to the school. Guess if you are coming from Wolverhampton City Centre then for you the 529 would be the easiest route.