Warwickshire Alcester Grammar - worth appealing?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Habdab

Warwickshire Alcester Grammar - worth appealing?

Post by Habdab »

Hi - I think the answer is probably no but DD scored 315 for Alcester Grammar. QS was 327, WL 319-326. I just don't know whether we are too far away from the QS to appeal? Her Maths let her down on the day - on another day I think she would have sailed through :-((
Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks
Etienne

Re: Warwickshire Alcester Grammar - worth appealing?

Post by Etienne »

One can never be sure what view a particular panel will take, but the general rule of thumb is - the further away you are from the score you need, the stronger your case needs to be.

If you have strong alternative evidence of academic ability - especially in maths - and good reasons for wanting a place, you've nothing to lose by asking a panel to consider your case.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If in doubt - appeal.

It could be stressful, though .........
Etienne
koala

Post by koala »

Hi Habdab, don't know anything about appealing but am trying to give you some idea where your DD stands. When my two DSs took South Warks exam the year before they were separated by three points (which seemed very close) but were almost 40 places apart. Each point represents anything between 10 and 15 children (probably more if it is a normal distribution curve). Their friend got in from the waiting list, but was close to the top of the waiting list, and was offered a place in May. I personally feel your only hope is appealing, but perhaps others could come along and tell you otherwise. Good luck. Koala
Habdab

Post by Habdab »

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. We have thought long and hard and I think we have decided not to appeal. Her school are less than supportive, which does not bode well. Also, I worry that if we get her in on appeal she would maybe struggle to keep up with the work. Perhaps she should not be there after all. I do appreciate you taking the time to help me though. Thank you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now