Paperwork confusion!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Turtlegirl

Paperwork confusion!

Post by Turtlegirl »

Just had an email from admin at KE Handsworth asking where our paperwork is and whether we still want the place for our daughter. I have already returned the acceptance of a place form to the LEA as required by 16th March, but school forms say 30th March. So had been taking time to decide on instrumental lessons.

I've now emailed back so won't have lost the place, but suspect problem of communication may have arisen because we're in Sandwell, whose LEA have failed to impress me at nearly every encounter I'm sorry to say.
um

Re: Paperwork confusion!

Post by um »

We got 2 letters -
One from Birmingham LA with a small slip at the bottom and instructions to take or post this slip direct to the school.
One from the school itself (CHB) with instructions to return the Local Authority slip directly to them.

Did Sandwell ask you to return the slip to the LA? I think the schools were expecting direct returns...
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Trouble is that every LEA is different in how they manage responses to school offers. :evil:

When DD and DS got offers in North Yorks, it was assumed that you would be going to the school unless they heard otherwise! (I still sent them a letter :oops: )
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Must admit the Brum slips were a 'little' confusing. It DID say send to school, but had the address of the LEA?

Then again, I'm very easily confused :roll

Turtlegirl, hope it's all sorted for you now :)
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Sandwell's Team Lead told me to the return the enclosed slip (and I quote exactly) "to me" - and he didn't want it until 30th March (I just checked). This must happen every year!
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

For gods sake keep a photocopy of everything sent out to lea and schools
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now