Bucks GS allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hasmum

Bucks GS allocations

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
I know the next round of allocations is April and notification of position on waiting list for the preferred schools, but is there anyway of finding out how many places have been actually allocated for each school for eg RGS and JHGS or is that wishful thinking :)
Last edited by hasmum on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sally-Anne

Re: Bucks GS allocations

Post by Sally-Anne »

Unless the school is "All Offered" they have allocated up to PAN. I assume what you mean is how many people have turned down a place since 1st March? In which case I am afraid that is indeed wishful thinking. :(
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

I have so many questions running around in my head too, but until 20th April I can do nothing but wait! And then there is the third allocation round....and the fourth..... :roll:

If you could, I wonder if people would sell their GS places on ebay?! lol

:lol:
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Yes that is what I meant S.A, I knew it was wishful thinking but just trying :lol:
I was told 24th and someone else posted 20th of April, thats even better, but this waiting is.... :x

On the happier front I was offered a nursery place for my little one, which is the least of my worries in Bucks (HW) but more worried for the yr3 and yr4 for sept, places for my daughters.
They are on the waiting list for the bucks schools, just have to wait to see if we get allocated for ds or not. I just hope it doesn't go past 2 months.

There should be a course on "How to be patient" :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Look on page 64 of this:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... ctions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
Marylou
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

I have an email from them saying they are sending the next round of allocations out on 20th April first class - so assume (if we are lucky with the post!) that we get them on 21st April! The waiting game is not that much fun ... :(

However, few more questions ...

Do they tell us if we have not been allocated anything?

And does it come direct from Bucks or is it still via the original county council (mine was Bedford and I have now moved to Bucks so the letter if it is from them, will take weeks to fine me!)
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Marylou, thanks for the link - I have already read and re-read this several times but I am not a Bucks resident so I am going to add on a delay of a few days to all of those dates!(my local council had problems with the first allocation round, and I am sure further allocation rounds won't be any different either)

Faitaccompli, looking at the Bucks guide, we will be told everything we need to know probably maybe. :?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Do they tell us if we have not been allocated anything?
From memory they tell you where you are on the waiting list - which of course could change before the next allocation due to people dropping out etc. By the following round (let's hope it doesn't go to that) you will have a good idea whether there is much movement or not.
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now