Any movement on any lists in Herts schools?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HenryVIII

Any movement on any lists in Herts schools?

Post by HenryVIII »

Didn't get an allocation email after 5.00pm tonight (optimistic I know...) and logged into the system to discover that waiting list position is "n/a". So fishing around to hear whether the Parmiters, WGSG/B, St CD's lists have moved at all? Anyone hear anything? We are waiting on Ricky. Presumably a letter arrives in the post tomorrow? The waiting is e-t-e-r-n-a-l .Thanks.
Helpful

Re: Any movement on any lists in Herts schools?

Post by Helpful »

Hi all,

:shock: Still in shock as we got some great news today my DD has got a place at WGGS which will eventually free up a space at Ricky but I do not think it will make a difference till the next round as I had not accepted the place until tonight. Even though they say you have lost your original allocation if you get your higher choice of school I do not think they can put it in the mix until I have accepted. (when I logged on they had offered me a space at WGGS but I was still allocated Ricky on the system)

Good luck everyone and wish you the best in this long a painful journey and look forward to hearing from other fortunate families.
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

That's good (or GREAT!) news for your DD helpful... I was thinking that the Herts forum should have a disclaimer that 'other schools are on offer' :shock: , in previous years there's been lots of discussion about the other schools (we are lucky).

I think the pack gets shuffled quickly so I would assume that your place at Ricky got re-allocated. I'll have to hang around for the post/ring admissions tomorrow (doubtful it has DS's name on it).

Talk about peak at the wrong time - DS got 87% for his KS2 mock maths last week (1 point off a 5B if I am to believe him) :wink: so his maths can't be that bad.
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

If you received your initial allocation by email and didn't receive an email tonight with an allocation of a higher ranked school then you will need to check directly with the consortium school(s) to see where you are on the waiting list(s). A letter will only come in the post if you didn't receive notification on 1st March by email or the school decides to write to you directly.
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

In fact the position at Ricky is that everyone on the CI lists (143 children? This is how many children are waiting on a number of criteria according to the online admissions system) will get a letter next week as the school verifies with County the names of the people who have opted out of CI - which makes sense. Just in case anyone is reading who also has an interest - the admissions secretary is not in this afternoon or Monday but clarification should arrive in time for the Easter hols. Enjoy the sunshine this weekend everyone.
WP

Post by WP »

Helpful wrote: :shock: Still in shock as we got some great news today my DD has got a place at WGGS which will eventually free up a space at Ricky but I do not think it will make a difference till the next round as I had not accepted the place until tonight. Even though they say you have lost your original allocation if you get your higher choice of school I do not think they can put it in the mix until I have accepted. (when I logged on they had offered me a space at WGGS but I was still allocated Ricky on the system)
Congratulations on getting WGGS. You must of course accept, but I don't think the place you had at Ricky was waiting on your acceptance. Herts have been working to remove the blockages caused by people holding multiple offers. When WGGS informed you of the offer, they will also have told the county, who will pass that on to Ricky, who will re-allocate the place you had. Obviously those things will take time, but they're not waiting on your acceptance.
Helpful

Post by Helpful »

Thanks WP, it is a complicated system and I cannot keep up. We have accepted the place at WGGS and told Ricky that we no longer require our place there. I hope the 2nd round brings some joy to those still waiting. Heard a friend on distance for CDs got their space so there is some movement out there. Good luck.
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

DS is now at 11th... I now think it unlikely that the list will move much further. Is this the experience of last year's cohort? Parmiters' thread seems to suggest movement of 5 places which has filtered down the line...
Yesterday I heard that the direct Arriva 809 bus was being withdrawn (which will affect St J of A students too). I think "someone" is trying to tell me something! So much for the game plan of moving in 2 year's (when DS2 completes primary) - we should have moved 2 year's ago, :wink: All very well in hindsight!
sf40

Post by sf40 »

Don't give up hope none-the-wiser. My son was number 22 on the Ricky academic waiting list last March and he did end up getting a place there, although we had to wait until the end of July before we heard. He started last September and is loving it.

If you can stand the wait, there is still a good chance you will get into Ricky. :D
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

I am admiring your stamina SF40! At this stage it is a waiting game, isn't it? I think any movement is contingent on people opting out of the CI list now - a few places at a time - I don't believe that everyone in front of us on the list gets a place. Luckily we have an acceptable alternative which is looking more attractive as it's so local. I am debating (with myself, no one else is interested!) whether to go for one more round of the CI and find out in early May how much further we can get. How different it is going to be with the current Y5, when they find out their scores before they complete their CAF!