distance for wggs 2012 sept

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thumbelina

distance for wggs 2012 sept

Post by thumbelina »

Hello everyone.

does anyone know the furthest distance that wggs accepted a girl based on the proximity distance for sept 2012 entry?

just clinging on for a miracle.....

thanks
mushroom

Re: distance for wggs 2012 sept

Post by mushroom »

I think it was just under 1km this year.
thumbelina

Post by thumbelina »

oooh we are just under that....fingers crossed.

thankyou for the reply...
thumbelina

Post by thumbelina »

looking at the stats for wgbs the distance criteria was 822m for 9/12 entry.

so the net spread further for the girls school?

does anyone know how i can really know the distance criteria...as we live on the edge of the 1km....

thankyou
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

As you can see from the admission statistics the furthest distance for entry under the distance criteria varies each year.

There is no guarantee that if this year a distance of 997m gained entry (which is what I believe was the exact distance rounded) then it would be the same next year or the year after. The number of places available for those applying on distance depends on the number of siblings (and proposed for 2013, siblings of those at WGBS and children of specific staff).

The fewer siblings, cross siblings and staff places, the more places available under the distance criteria and the potential for a greater distance for entry, and obviously vice versa. The other unknown factors are, of course, the number of people living in the vicinity with girls moving to secondary school that year and those deliberately moving/renting close to the school to get in on distance (the school is not stupid and offers withdrawn if this is found to be only a temporary move).

So just under 1km gives you a chance but not a guarantee, you should also pursue the academic / music criteria to gain entry to the school.
thumbelina

Post by thumbelina »

thankyou mushroom.

what you say makes sense and actually i am surprised at the malpractise that does go on.....

anyhow....we are focussing on the academic and music exam....and being in the wd17 area i hope that things turn out positively. thats all we can do.

judging by all the unknowns i think the distance criteria wont work for us but thats ok.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now