11+ appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mp1

11+ appeal

Post by mp1 »

my daughter missed her this school by just one point.the top 24 people who got 269 above offer score and 387 above total score.my daughter got 268 offer score and 396 total score.
i am going to appeal for non-qualification. Her teacher gave the letter current sats results maths 7a English reading 5b writing 4a(she mentioned she definitely would be l5 in before end of the year) science 5a.MY daughter also going to sit gcse maths in this June.

on the week of the test my daughter was chest infection(She is asthmatic) we got antibiotic from the GP i got the proof letter from GP

The school my daughter was offered also selective we are out of catchment of that school ,my daughter was offered the place by technology aptitude teat only selected 17 people. I got that proof also which tells my daughter was high standard in NVR/VR

My daughter wants to be artist, the school i appealed it is fantastic art facilities.
Last minute i decided to appeal so i couldn't contact with headteacher .I will ask when the school begins for her ref.

Eitenne and Sally-Anne please help me,I am really worried now.
tigger2

Re: 11+ appeal

Post by tigger2 »

Hi MP1 ! I know that someone with lots of experience will be along soon but if you haven't done so already do read the appeal q and a's ..there is so much info on there. Good luck ! Tigger
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

hi MP1 - you can appeal to your first choice school - Tigger is quite right you need to read the Q&A's. Careful on using the medical note etc as although it can be mentioned, you are really not supposed to let them sit the test if they are ill.

I also would consider whether the art facilities are enough to make you want to appeal? Your daughter has a place on technological aptitude and is doing early Maths GCSE and maybe the school you have a place at actually would suit her better?
mp1

Post by mp1 »

Thank you for your replies but the school I which I appealed is better results than other and the travlling time is compared to other its much nearer.

please kindly guide me further
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi mp1

You will find the Appeal Q&As here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please read them carefully and then come back to us with any specific questions you have about the appeal.

Sally-Anne
mp1

Post by mp1 »

Thank you Sally Anne
I read elevn plus exams non-qualification appeal.
I prepared my appeal papers and gave it to them tomorrow.I gave three reason to why we want that school?
1.My daughter's interest in learning languages because the school which we appealed it offer more languages additionally Latin
2.My daughter's Art interest
3.The school which we offered is far more away from this school and meantioned about bus jiurney as well.

What do u think?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

mp1 wrote:I gave three reason to why we want that school?
1.My daughter's interest in learning languages because the school which we appealed it offer more languages additionally Latin
2.My daughter's Art interest
Sound reasons provided you have academic evidence to support them rather than just your own assertions.
3.The school which we offered is far more away from this school and meantioned about bus jiurney as well.
It will depend on how long the journey time is. Generally 90 minutes is the maximum journey time considered appropriate for a secondary school child.
mp1

Post by mp1 »

I understand what you mention and I am going to speak with her school french club teacher and the private tutor who teaches her my mother language and get the letters from them additionally my daughter know my husband's mother language but we didnt coach that language to her(she doesn't know to write)

Her drawings and confirmation letter from art teacher.
Is it sounds like evidence?
mp1

Post by mp1 »

I gave it to my appeal to the admission lady today( she is working on holiday as well) I gave all photocopied certificates but she told me she has to see the original. Then I come back home again and brought my originals.She checked each one then took photocopied one.
But I saw one of the advice only send photocopies! Please parents before submitting appeal speak with the admission lady.
mp1

Post by mp1 »

Hi Sally-Anne

I got the letter from school today about the prejudice.
They mention school is oversubscribed,according to FT 2nd oversubscribed school in county and 5th oversubscribed school in England.
Class sizes are very small ,Teachers can't cope with more students,healthy&safety issues,changing room problems,dining hall is very small.
I don't know what to do next?Please help me
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now