Calling all wilson's parents - September 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

happylady

Calling all wilson's parents - September 2012

Post by happylady »

Hi everyone!

I am delighted that my son has bn offered a place at wilson's. My son and I are a bit apprehensive tho as neither of us know anybody else going there this year, and I wondered .... Wd be great to reach out to fellow parents through this forum. Also is anybody else out there travelling to wilson's from Wimbledon? I know there are many ways of doing the journey, ie bus, tram, train, mixture of them all. Would really appreciate advice on best way of getting there!!

Thanks so much everyone. Look forward to hearing from you and meeting some of you in future!

Happylady
mynameisbond

Re: Calling all wilson's parents - September 2012

Post by mynameisbond »

Hi happylady - you must be delighted - well done - please pm me and I will be more than happy to help.
Franticdad

Post by Franticdad »

Hi there I'm in a similar situation in that we live in lower Morden and our son has been offered a place in Wilsons. Is there anybody out there who lives in Morden. Can I PM you mynameisbond

cheers
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Franticdad - that's fine with me, please do
forwhatitsworth

Post by forwhatitsworth »

I would try not to fret too much about this. The Year 7 intake at Wilsons is made up of boys from over 70 different schools and most boys enter the school knnowing either no-one, or one or two other boys. The school makes a conscious effort to split friends into different houses to encourage them to make new friends from day 1. They very quickly learn their way around the public transport system. My son (in year 7) is fairly reserved and very scatty, but it took him only about a week to get the hang of the trains, buses and trams (his journey involves two trains and a bus). The Wilsons boys seem to gravitate towards eachother on public tranport and I'm sure he will have a good set of 'train mates' from different houses and year groups by the end of September. :) Good luck and congratulations!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now