Allocations : round two

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SUpple

Allocations : round two

Post by SUpple »

Hi,

Is there anyone else eagerly waiting for 20th April for the Second Allocation Round?!

We have everything crossed for a place at BGS. I can't stop myself from looking at the BGS website and checking out their term dates. I really hope I haven't jinxed it all, but I can't help myself! DS is quite easygoing about it all, or at least he appears to be. It just would be great to finally have an end to this waiting game that we have been playing since November.

Good luck to everyone also waiting...!
:wink:
faitaccompli

Re: Allocations : round two

Post by faitaccompli »

Yes. We have pretty much immersed ourselves in Marlow life having moved here a month or two ago - my son is now a chorister at the church on the bridge, which involves rehearsals straight from school once a week - so hope we end up with our SWB request otherwise he will be having to hand back his cassock! He has started at his new junior school and loves it - so all is good here (providing we get a GS offer!!!)
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Wow, so you guys moved in anticipation of a place at SWB? Good luck, I hope everything works out for you and your family.

It is a bit disheartening to see other parents busy making plans for their new schools and making transport arrangements, and then I have to mumble that we have three appeals, waiting lists, and allocation rounds all pending!! :lol:
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

We had to move so have got rented for 12 months while I sort out selling my house in Beds (exchange today and complete 20th April supposedly!) and Marlow is fab - I love living in the middle of the town with everything in walking distance. Even if we end up with JHGS that would be OK as the bus goes from right outside the front door, although it does make the chorister stuff a little more complicated!
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

I hope all is going well with the completion date.

Oh, and in case, you hadn't realised, only 4 more sleeps until Round Two!
:wink:
anxiousp

Post by anxiousp »

Fingers crossed for both of u.
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

Been in Manchester for two days running an exhibition (and still managed to find someone to talk about grammar schools with!) - hopefully we will get offered something on Saturday. Not having a school at all for September is a teeny bit worrying although I am getting use to it. I told my son last week that he may have to be home tutored if there was no school. You should have seen the look of horror on his face ...

Re the house - I am moving all my furniture into storage on Wednesday - we were meant to be completing on Friday this week. But exchange has been delayed by the bottom of the chain, so goodness knows when it is going to happen now. Hopefuly in the next day or so things will be clearer. It is utter madness trying to sort all of this out!!

Best of luck to you for Saturday - may we all get what we want!!!
sedbergh15

Post by sedbergh15 »

SUpple suggests 4 more sleeps....
Does the letter for R2 arrive Friday or posted Friday and arrives Sat/Mon???
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

It is sent first class on Friday 20th to (hopefully) arrive on Saturday 21st. But SUpple may be referring to the sleeless night on Friday hence only 4 more sleeps .... :D
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

I was referrring to Mon, Tues, Wed and Thu as the "4 more sleeps", as I fully intend to phone up the council and the school on Friday to find out what the situation is. :lol:

If I have to wait until Saturday, or even worse Monday, then the banshee-like screams coming from west london are mine. Apologies in advance. :oops:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now