Chelmsford County High Registration

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blitz

Chelmsford County High Registration

Post by Blitz »

DD achieved a place at CCHS this year. We sent off the registration forms in early March with her short birth certificate, as requested. Still have not received birth certificate back. Are others waiting to receive documents back too?
three

Re: Chelmsford County High Registration

Post by three »

I sent all the information they requested at the beginning of March. No originals, though, just photocopies. Because there was quite a lot of personal information like NHS number, passport number and birth certificate I asked them if they could let me know that the information had arrived safely. I have heard nothing. I rang the office and I was asked to write to admissions which I did. I even drove round and spoke to someone in the office but they insisted I had to write to admissions again!! So far I have written to admissions 3 times but I have not had a single reply. I am sure they are very busy but an automated e-mail confirming that they have received the e-mail and that they will reply at some point would have been nice! I am not quite sure what is going on but it looks like all the new parents are in the same boat!! :? Please post here if you receive any information. Good luck!
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Wow! That's a lot of info! When DS started at CRGS, I don't think I had to send anything. Are all the schools doing this now?
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

First-timer wrote:Wow! That's a lot of info! When DS started at CRGS, I don't think I had to send anything. Are all the schools doing this now?
No to your question. We only had to send an acceptance of place letter back to CRGS. In return, CRGS then send a compliment slip acknowledging receipt of this letter. All very efficient. :D
octxian

Post by octxian »

Yes, I sent all the documents they requested(no originals, just photocopies) by special delivery to CCHS. Then they sent a compliment slip back that said,' Year 7 Admission documents received.' :)
three

Post by three »

I am now worried as I did not send the information by Special Delivery. :( It did not say so anywhere and I did not think it was necessary! Has anybody else received a compliment slip from CCH saying they have received the information? Blitz did you send the information by Special Delivery? OMG! My DD will kill me if she has lost her place!
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

No, did not send by special delivery. However, there is no way in the world your DD will lose her place. Actually if you sent a photocopy you do not need to receive documents back. I'm just anxious as I sent the original as I presumed I had to, just like when you apply for a passport or bank account (where photocopies are not acceptable)... isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. :( I will get in touch with the school next week.
three

Post by three »

I have to say I am not very imppressed with the way they have ignored me. Three e-mails and a personal visit and I still don't know if they have received my daughter's documents or not. :( Blitz please let me know if you get a reply from them. I would be very interested to hear what they have to say. I bet they have all your DD's paperwork right in front of them but they have not let you know that. Why did some people receive a compliment slip and other did not? Pls keep us posted. Thanks
Last edited by three on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

First-timer wrote:Wow! That's a lot of info! When DS started at CRGS, I don't think I had to send anything. Are all the schools doing this now?

I am sure we never had to send anything into the Skipton schools! Not sure what they can gain from it all ... anyway you don't need to have a passport number if you don't want one.
moved

Post by moved »

We didn't have to provide any ID at all. I wonder if they have had problems.