Error in The Tutors paper?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Manana

Error in The Tutors paper?

Post by Manana »

I've just downloaded the first pack of tutors level 2, 15 minute papers (a set of 5) and there is a mistake. The answer isn't given as an option. Who writes these, does anyone know?

Should I tell them or do they already know??
Sally-Anne

Re: Error in The Tutors paper?

Post by Sally-Anne »

They may contain the occasional error, because I am not sure that they were ever proof-read by a third party. It is amazingly difficult to spot errors as an 11+ author - wood, trees and all that ... The general quality of the Tutors papers is good, so this is just a blip.

I proof-read the Level 3 papers myself, so you can blame me if there are still mistakes on those when you get to them!

Let me know what the problem is and I will get it corrected. If you find a significant number of errors I can arrange for you to receive some other materials to compensate you.

S-A
bristolmum

Post by bristolmum »

My son started to practise VR 15 minutes Pack 1 Tutor paper Level 3. He've done paper 1 to 3 so far. But we found at least one error on answer sheet for each paper.

For example, L3 Paper 3 Q10:

One letter can be moved from the first word to the second word making two new words.

bland lend

I think answer should be b instead of l.

Please confirm if I am correct.

Bristolmum
Bm
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi bristolmum

I proof-read these papers some years ago, so I hope that they are almost error free. I have a download dated September 2009 and the answer given on the marking scheme is most definitely "b", the correct letter.

When did you download the papers?

Sally-Anne
Manana

Post by Manana »

Sally-Anne wrote:Hi bristolmum

I proof-read these papers some years ago, so I hope that they are almost error free. I have a download dated September 2009 and the answer given on the marking scheme is most definitely "b", the correct letter.

When did you download the papers?

Sally-Anne
I downloaded them on the 30th January this year!
bristolmum

Post by bristolmum »

I purchased and downloaded on 13 June 2011 from another diy 11+ website.
Bm
toolate

Post by toolate »

Possibly off topic (sorry) but we are a total Mac household. Am I right in thinking there is no option to download these papers. In which case is there any other way of buying them?

Thanks
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

toolate wrote:Possibly off topic (sorry) but we are a total Mac household. Am I right in thinking there is no option to download these papers. In which case is there any other way of buying them?

Thanks
These are PDF files which you download and print out - so I can't see why you would have a problem with a Mac. Tutors E Papers
Manny0311

Post by Manny0311 »

Can someone please verify Q74 on paper 5B from "the tutors" - Code question.

Don't look right. Anyone come across this one ??

Regards,

Manny
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Manny0311 wrote:Can someone please verify Q74 on paper 5B from "the tutors" - Code question.

Don't look right. Anyone come across this one ??
It is correct, but it is a tricky little question.

LAMP ... PALM ... LAMB ... BALE

1 must be A.

2 in 3rd position can be M or L, and in first position can be L P or B. It must therefore be L.

5 in 3rd position can be M or L, but it can't be L because we have already worked out that 2 is L, so it must therefore be M.

The rest follows from there, and the code for PALM is 3125.

These papers have been around a very long time, Manny, and I think all the errors have been ironed out of them now.

Hope that helps.