Townley Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sidcupper

Townley Grammar

Post by sidcupper »

My daughter just got accepted and is starting in September. She will be taking the bus to and from there and i would like to know if there is any good bus routes she could take :) . Also she will be starting in year 9 and her biggest concerns is the sports they do, she really doesn't want to do swimming and would like to know if swimming is part of the school sport.
Torty

Re: Townley Grammar

Post by Torty »

I have no experience of Townley Grammar but just wanted to wish your DD good luck at her new school. :D
sidcupper

Post by sidcupper »

Torty wrote:I have no experience of Townley Grammar but just wanted to wish your DD good luck at her new school. :D

Thank you so much!! My DD and I really appreciate it.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Well done Sidcupper and DD!! That's fantastic news.

The 269 runs from Sidcup to Townley (i'm guessing from your name that's where your DD will be travelling from!).

I don't have a DD at Townley, but friends' children go there and I haven't heard any mention of swimming. I know they do lots of Dance and from year 10 can work towards the DoE during PE lessons.

Hopefully someone with more experience of Townley will be along soon to give you more information.
sidcupper

Post by sidcupper »

Muggle wrote:Well done Sidcupper and DD!! That's fantastic news.

The 269 runs from Sidcup to Townley (i'm guessing from your name that's where your DD will be travelling from!).

I don't have a DD at Townley, but friends' children go there and I haven't heard any mention of swimming. I know they do lots of Dance and from year 10 can work towards the DoE during PE lessons.

Hopefully someone with more experience of Townley will be along soon to give you more information.

Yes thank you so much! We checked it out and she would only have to stay at one bus and it drops her off right outside the school :D
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

Hello,

My daighter is at Townley in year 8. They do a lot of diffferent sports including Hockey, Cricket, Netball and Tennis, no swimming!

If you want to know anything else please ask!
sidcupper

Post by sidcupper »

greenwichmum wrote:Hello,

My daighter is at Townley in year 8. They do a lot of diffferent sports including Hockey, Cricket, Netball and Tennis, no swimming!

If you want to know anything else please ask!

Okay thank you so much!! :D Do they have to do dancing and i hear the homework is a lot?
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

sidcupper wrote: Okay thank you so much!! :D Do they have to do dancing and i hear the homework is a lot?
We've also heard from Townley girls that the required amount of homework is huge.
sidcupper

Post by sidcupper »

Is it true they are allowed to do home economics?
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

Hi, they all have to do dance but they seem to enjoy it. In year seven they have a show for the parents to see what they have been doing in dance and drama and all the girls participated.

In DT they do food technology for one term each year, they also have a term of textiles and a term of graphics.

Re; homework they get a lot in amount more in the first term, a bit less in year 8, i think it is to help them get organised and get used to it. Each piece does not take that long 20-30 minutes 2-4 pieces per day. It is quite mangeable as the homework is not that difficult, it might require looking something up or colouring something in initially, obviously it gets harder as time goes on such as writing essays etc, they use my maths to do online maths homework. My daughter had hardly any homework in primary school and she was fine with it.