How much is a child's rail ticket - Lee to Sidcup?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SqMandes

How much is a child's rail ticket - Lee to Sidcup?

Post by SqMandes »

Hi all,

My DD has been offered a place at Chis and Sid in the shake down and she will be travelling by train from Lee to Sidcup. We are trying to work out expenses so that we don't get a nasty surprise at the end of August. Can anyone give us an indication of how much we should expect to pay in rail fares per term?

Is it cheaper to buy an annual ticket - even though she will be mostly travelling by rail during term time - or is it best to pay on a termly basis?

On a separate note - can anyone give me an indication of how much we will be spending on uniform? I have looked at the list but realistically how much will she really need (i.e. will she really need more than two skirts/three blouses etc)?

thanks
SqM x
pheasantchick

Re: How much is a child's rail ticket - Lee to Sidcup?

Post by pheasantchick »

My ds travels by train ( in Kent). We buy our tickets termly, so we are not paying for school holidays. Also, if the ticket is lost,then it's not such a huge expense to replace it.

Ironically, suddenly realised earlier that I haven't renewed his travel pass for this term. :|
SqMandes

Post by SqMandes »

Thanks - out of interest - how much is his termly ticket?
pixiedust101

Post by pixiedust101 »

SqMandes wrote:Hi all,

My DD has been offered a place at Chis and Sid in the shake down and she will be travelling by train from Lee to Sidcup. We are trying to work out expenses so that we don't get a nasty surprise at the end of August. Can anyone give us an indication of how much we should expect to pay in rail fares per term?

Is it cheaper to buy an annual ticket - even though she will be mostly travelling by rail during term time - or is it best to pay on a termly basis?

On a separate note - can anyone give me an indication of how much we will be spending on uniform? I have looked at the list but realistically how much will she really need (i.e. will she really need more than two skirts/three blouses etc)?

thanks
SqM x

According to this website:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fares ... d&ft=11-15A child's oyster fare from lee to sidcup is £1.20 in the morning, and £0.70 in the afternoon (before 4.00pm).

You would need a child's oyster travel card. I have an oyster card that I have set up to automatically put money on it everytime it reaches £8.00. Which is cool, coz it means I never run out!

And this website
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/s ... et/ticketssays that a child's monthly season ticket would be £40.55.

Hope this helps
PD101
SqMandes

Post by SqMandes »

Thanks - so it's about a tenner a week - which would be around £400 per year - not as bad as I had feared!